Lead Staff Software Engineer, FusionFeed API
Infinite Athlete’s mission is to build an operating system for sports that powers infinite innovation and makes sports better for the fan, the game, and the athlete. Our goal is to create a single technological foundation across all major sports upon which innovative sports technology and media products can be built.
This foundation will combine and connect sports data from all sources, which will create infinite possibilities.
Infinite Athlete serves as the comprehensive and industry-leading platform for sports technology – a single solution upon which global leagues, clubs, and teams can improve all aspects of broadcast viewing, athlete performance, fan experience, coaching, and operations to empower a better experience, with greater opportunities across the landscape of global sports for the fan, the game, and the athlete.
As a staff software engineer and lead on the FusionFeed team, you and your team will be responsible for building out the sports API at the heart of all our products. You’ll build out FusionFeed’s GraphQL and REST APIs in AWS using Golang. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that FusionFeed performs well at high traffic volumes, remains secure, and maximizes uptime. You’ll also maintain developer resources such as API reference and SDKs. As a staff engineer and tech lead, you’ll be expected to spend roughly 70% of your time on individual contributions while mentoring and directing your team. You’ll be responsible for leading architectural discussions and communicating technical decisions across the organization. As a thought leader, you’ll be expected to constantly raise the bar for engineering excellence across the team.
Your work will play a key role in our business, as you’ll be directly responsible for the APIs that our partners use in their products. You’ll have the opportunity to make a major impact on your team and the world of sports as a whole by building out the foundation for third parties around the world to build revolutionary products on.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience coding in type-safe systems programming languages such as Golang
- History of building highly available cloud-native architectures using infrastructure as code frameworks such as the AWS CDK
- Excellent technical communication skills in written media, such as design documentation and code reviews
- Mastery of Golang
- Deep understanding of common API design principles and frameworks such as GraphQL and JSON:API
- Experience deploying high throughput APIs in AWS
Perks & Benefits
- Generous Vacation: Flexible PTO
- Health/Wellness: stipend of $200 per month
- Cell Phone Allowance: $37.50 per pay period ($75 per month) automatically included with each pay period to help cover cell phone costs
- Health Insurance: Infinite Athlete covers 100% of monthly premiums for medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and 95% for your dependents
- 401(K) Contribution: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching
Infinite Athlete provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Infinite Athlete complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.