Contract Senior Environment Artist
Who We Are
Intercept Games is a Private Division/Take-Two development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2 as well as an unannounced stylized science-based adventure game. We have a deep love for space, simulation, strategy, and of course all things video games. Our studio prioritizes an inviting and diverse workplace that pushes creativity and passion for what we do, resulting in games that we can truly be proud of. We believe that by creating an environment of trust, potential for growth, psychological safety, Engineering Excellence, and fun, we can ship some of the most amazing experiences in the world of interactive entertainment.
Are you an expert Environment Artist who can work within worldbuilding pipelines and build out environments from placeholder Greybox? Do you possess a keen attention to detail and passion for environmental storytelling? If you said 'yes' this might be the role for you!
As a Contract Senior Environment Artist, you will spend 6 months on the Intercept Games team creating stylized alien environments that not only look beautiful, but also integrate compelling gameplay. You will work in collaboration with peers across all disciplines, specifically Design, Concept Art, and Tech Art. A successful team member in this role is technically minded and a positive relationship builder.
What You'll Take On
- Work closely with the Art Lead and Concept Artist to translate the game’s visual design language into explorable worlds.
- Elevate the Art Team by contributing meaningfully to asset population and set decoration, material creation, terrain sculpting, and lighting.
- Shepherd environments from a Greybox state through their final playable level, both in and out of the editor.
- Playtest with the team and assess the role of game visuals as a holistic part of the player experience.
What You Bring
- 5+ years of professional Environment Art or Worldbuilding experience in video games coupled with a portfolio that showcases stylized work.
- High level of proficiency with Maya or 3DS Max, Zbrush, or an industry-standard equivalent.
- Ability to create textures and materials through tools such as Substance Designer and Painter, or an industry-standard equivalent.
- Understanding of how environment design is related to gameplay and exploration, in addition to environmental storytelling.
- Excellent communicator who practices active listening and providing constructive feedback, paired with an eagerness to collaborate with other artists and non-artists.
- High degree of self-direction
- Drive to adopt, adapt, and uphold the Intercept art style.
- Passion for space exploration, rocketry, worldbuilding, and related entertainment media.
- Experience creating or working on fully spherical planets beneficial.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine, Gaea, World Creator, or World Machine beneficial.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, with creativity, innovation, efficiency, inclusion and philanthropy among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative, and to grow within and around the company.
- Team Mentality. We strive to build teams that work together and celebrate together through company events such as team gatherings, game release parties, monthly socials, and wellness programs.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $38.46 and $57.69 per hour. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.