Senior Cinematic Technical Artist
WHO WE ARE:
Ghost Story Games is a self-publishing game development studio owned by Take-Two Interactive, located in the greater-Boston area. Our studio designed and released award-winning games, such as System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite. We are currently working on our next project and would love for you to be part of our team.
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture and 94% of employees say their workplace is great. We are however, dedicated to building our best workplace yet.
Ghost Story Games is on the search for a Senior Cinematic Technical Artist to join the Cinematics Team to bring our stories and characters to life. Take your passion for narrative first-person shooters and help our teams turn ideas into a winning, fun, challenging cohesive experiences. Your experience working through the full life cycle of a multi-platform game will take you to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL TAKE ON:
- Design tools and systems to facilitate streamlined and efficient implementation of cinema content.
- Use UE4 blueprint script to augment and iterate on existing complex presentation systems.
- Work with UE4 animation tools such as Anim Blueprints, state machines, and anim montages, to facilitate various presentations.
- Implement in-game scripted events and level sequences.
- Support the needs of the artists and scripters on the Cinema Team, providing feedback and best practices.
- Work across departments to turn deliverables into a fun, cohesive experience.
- Write and maintain design documentation.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 5+ years of development experience in the game industry with recent hands-on implementation experience.
- Strong understanding Blueprint in UE4.
- Contributed to at least one shipped title recognized for its First-Person strong scripted events.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Excellent visual scripting or programming skills.
- Have worked on projects throughout the entire production cycle, from conception through shipping.
- Passion for narrative first-person shooters.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
- Ability to receive feedback and not only apply it but learn from it.
- Ability to work independently to diagnose and solve problems.
- Experience with task/bug-tracking software and pipelines.
- Experience with Perforce or similar version control software.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, with creativity, innovation, efficiency, inclusion and philanthropy among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.