Who We Are
Intercept Games is a Private Division/Take-Two development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2 as well as an unannounced stylized science-based adventure game. We have a deep love for space, simulation, strategy, and of course all things video games. Our studio prioritizes an inviting and diverse workplace that pushes creativity and passion for what we do, resulting in games that we can truly be proud of. We believe that by creating an environment of trust, potential for growth, psychological safety, Engineering Excellence, and fun, we can ship some of the most amazing experiences in the world of interactive entertainment.
Are you a curious and self-motivated UI Artist with a good sense of end-to-end UI development? Are you a critical thinker who is continually looking to learn? If you said 'yes', this may be the role for you!
As a mid-level UI Artist, you will work with Designers and Engineers to coordinate development of the game's UI experience as well as help drive the visual direction of the UI in collaboration with Art Leadership. A successful teammate in this role is proactive, thoughtful, and meticulous with their work.
What You’ll Take On
- Design compelling, easy to understand visual treatments for game UIs and menus, and shepherd those treatments into polished in-game assets.
- Iterate on visual treatments in accordance with the KSP2 style guide, playtest feedback, and guidance from Art Leadership.
- Work closely with Engineers to implement UI and menu assets into the game.
- Work with UX and Systems Designers to conceive and design UI visuals that are tightly integrated with various gameplay systems, and bring them to a fully realized, superb shipping quality.
- Constantly seek out ways to improve and champion the user experience.
- Playtest with the team and assess the role of game visuals and UX as a holistic part of the player experience.
What You Bring:
- 3-5 years of professional UI Art experience in video games, preferably in the Unity Engine, coupled with a portfolio that showcases applicable work.
- High level of proficiency with Photoshop and UMG, or an industry-standard equivalent.
- Desire to work creatively, problem-solve, and prototype as part of a large or small cross-discipline group.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, with the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Passion for space exploration, rocketry, and related entertainment media.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, with creativity, innovation, efficiency, inclusion and philanthropy among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $61,500 and $90,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.