Studio Art Director
WHO WE ARE:
Ghost Story Games is a self-publishing game development studio. Our studio designed and released award-winning games, such as System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite. We are currently working on our next project and would love for you to be part of our team.
The ideal candidate can receive direction, but is also able to make strong, self-directed decisions with a focus on performance, alignment with the creative vision and results. This position is responsible for all aspects of managing the game art pipeline and quality. Expected to work as a team member to other leads at the studio and drive for best overall game experience.
- Champion the visual development of the project and leads decision making on the visual quality, style, and mood of assets.
- Oversee production of concept work to provide visual guides for environments, characters, props, UI, FX, screen effects, etc.
- Work with artists to create functional, in-engine working examples of the art style, to define best practices and the production pipeline for the game.
- Review the art team’s output, giving actionable constructive feedback.
- Provide leadership by setting an exemplar in both demonstrated work and behavior in the workplace.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the art department.
- Work closely with Production to maximize aesthetic innovation, quality, and art resources, while assuring adherence to budget constraints.
- Develop and ensure quality assurance protocols for artwork.
- Help define art tools and technical systems necessary to complete projects.
- Determines need for and if necessary, manage work of contractors and external groups.
- Shipped a minimum of one AAA title in the position of Art Director.
- Shipped multiple titles as part of an internal development team through all phases of production.
- Strong foundational art skills including an excellent understanding of shape, form, composition and color theory.
- A portfolio demonstrating artistic direction capability and high competency in 3D and/or 2D asset creation. Visual storytelling
- Familiarity and understanding of art history.
- Background in one or more of the following: concept, illustration, 3D modeling, environment dressing, visual FX, lighting.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine.
- Experience in 3D & 2D software packages (including Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter and Designer).
- Passion for narrative first-person shooters a plus.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.