Paralegal- 24 Month Contract
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Zynga. Our products are currently designed for console gaming systems, PC, and Mobile, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
While our offices (physical and virtual) are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., a leading interactive entertainment company, seeks a Paralegal to join its EMEA Legal team for a 24 month fixed-term. This entry level business affairs role is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to start their career in the mobile games industry working with colleagues across EMEA and the US. The selected candidate will work from our offices in London, UK initially reporting into Senior Director & Counsel, Business Affairs (based in San Mateo, California).
What You’ll Take On
- Legal Support – a Provide support to business affairs attorneys who handle matters related to the development, production, marketing, distribution and licensing of videogames as well as other corporate matters.
- Contract Negotiation – Proofreading, drafting and, with supervision from a lawyer in the Legal team, negotiating and advising clients on standard agreements regularly used by Take-Two’s mobile business, including non-disclosure agreements, outsourcing agreements, influencer agreements, insertion orders, monetisation agreements, facilities agreements, and licensing agreements.
- Legal Research and Knowledge Management – Assisting members of the Legal team in: (i) conducting legal research required on various areas of the law applicable to Take-Two’s mobile business; (ii) keeping track of any changes to the same and updating relevant team members; and (iii) updating and maintaining internal precedents and templates.
- Transaction Logs and Reporting – Reviewing and contributing to all regular legal transaction logs and reports, which may include contract status, approvals, deal summaries, deal analysis and the execution process.
What You Bring
- Desire to experience negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements applicable to the development, promotion, and monetisation of mobile games.
- Strong organizational skills coupled with the ability to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Common sense, kindness, good humour, and a commitment to teamwork.
- Understanding of key contractual principles under English law, such as warranties, representations, indemnities, and remoteness of damages.
- Familiarity with the contract management system, Ironclad, preferred but not required.
- Interest in the mobile games industry.
- LLB degree (2:1) or GDL/PgDL (Commendation) required.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare, Private dental, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (66% salary), Workplace Savings, 26 days holiday, Enhanced Family friendly policies + other great perks and great office facilities!
- Perks. Fitness reimbursement up to £50 per month, an onsite Gym, an Office bar, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, a dog friendly workplace and the ability to earn £350+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.