Who We Are:
Intercept Games is a Private Division/Take-Two development studio currently focused on the creation of Kerbal Space Program 2 (KSP2) as well as an unannounced stylized science-based adventure game. We have a deep love for space, simulation, strategy, and of course all things video games. Our studio prioritizes an inviting and diverse workplace that pushes creativity and passion for what we do, resulting in games that we can truly be proud of. We believe that by creating an environment of trust, potential for growth, psychological safety, Engineering Excellence, and fun, we can ship some of the most amazing experiences in the world of interactive entertainment.
Are you a motivated designer who is passionate about guiding a team to do its best work? Do you love to lead, connect, and develop a team? If you said ‘yes’ this might be the role for you! As a Design Manager, you will grow a dedicated team of designers as they create systems and features that excite and guide players through a realistic sci-fi gaming genre. A successful Design Manager builds trust with their direct reports, inspires creativity, fosters collaboration, guides creating processes and tools, and maintains a high bar for quality.
What You’ll Take On
- Oversee and uphold design team processes and quality standards.
- Lead a team of system and content designers by way of active management, proactive mentorship, and individualized career pathing.
- Be a key point of contact for artists and engineers for design direction, communicating effectively across disciplines.
- Review game systems, content, and user experience from team members and give thoughtful critique and feedback.
- Actively participate in interviewing, recruitment, and onboarding process to support studio growth objectives.
What You Bring
- 5+ years of game development experience.
- 2+ years of design lead and people management experience.
- Positive energy, strong work ethic, and a collaborative demeanor.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills with the ability to provide direct and constructive feedback.
- Eagerness to discover new processes or tools and promote their use within the team.
- Passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and/or entertainment.
- Bonus skill: Experience developing with Unity.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, with creativity, innovation, efficiency, inclusion and philanthropy among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative, and to grow within and around the company.
- Team Mentality. We strive to build teams that work together and celebrate together through company events such as team gatherings, game release parties, monthly socials, and wellness programs.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $90,000 and $130,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.