Job Title: Legal Counsel
Who We Are:
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. For more than 25 years, our development teams have created some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment experiences, captivating and engaging audiences around the world. We are incredibly proud of our ability to deliver consistently the highest-quality titles, as well as our colleagues who help to create our unique culture and work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and dynamic.
While our offices are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
The Counsel will form part of an international legal team responsible for Take-Two’s activities throughout APAC and shall provide a broad array of legal advice and service, primarily in the areas of commercial contracts and sales and marketing, in addition to other general commercial and regulatory matters.
This is a 12 months' fixed term contract role with a potential for extension/conversion based on business need and potential.
What You’ll Take On
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including vendor services agreements, license agreements, contest terms and conditions, sales and distribution agreements with retailers, distributors, and platform operators, IT agreements and development/publishing agreements.
- Advising internal APAC Marketing, PR and Communications teams on the clearance of advertising and marketing campaigns and materials, the organisation of contests and prize draws, data protection matters and other legal issues applicable to their activities.
- Advising other internal APAC business teams, including, Sales, Finance, Human Resources, Localization, and Operations, on arrangements with retailers, distributors, platform operators, digital stores, suppliers and other service providers.
- Managing and interfacing with outside legal counsel.
- Assisting with legal research into a wide range of areas relevant to the business, including promotions, marketing queries, rating issues, data privacy and virtual currency and intellectual property matters in all major Asian markets.
- Management of corporate secretarial and other corporate matters.
What You Bring
- Strong academic background
- Commercially minded lawyer, qualified in either Singapore or a common law jurisdiction, with between 2 – 6 years PQE.
- Strong commercial background, with good knowledge of contract law and significant experience of drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Genuine desire to work in an international video games business with high levels of enthusiasm for, and interest in, the industry will be highly advantageous.
- Law firm and in-house candidates will be considered, however in-house experience gained as an employee or secondee at a technology or media organization will be advantageous Experience gained throughout APAC highly desirable as is previous experience of working with US-headquartered businesses.
- Experience of understanding relevant laws and practices in the Asia region would be useful.
- Must possess keen intellect, attention to detail, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to influence and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Proactive, organized, self-starter able to handle many legal matters simultaneously.
- Must possess good judgement and self-confidence, but also respect for others, and a desire to work as a team member Skilled in analytical and problem-solving techniques.
- Able to translate ‘legal-speak’ for the business succinctly.
- Fluency in the English language (written and spoken) essential, other Asian languages may be useful but not necessary.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees' bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical insurance, employee stock purchase plan, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.