Senior Systems Engineer
Who We Are:
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Zynga. Our products are currently designed for console gaming systems, PC, and Mobile, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
While our offices (physical and virtual) are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
The Systems Engineering team crafts, builds, deploys and maintains a wide variety of IT infrastructure using the latest standards and technologies. We are actively looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with a broad range of systems infrastructure related and general purpose programming skills. Our ideal candidate has a rich and diverse technical background, is creative and passionate about IT systems, as well as standardisation, optimisation, and automation. Furthermore, this candidate will have at least three years of consistent experience architecting, engineering, implementing, and supporting large scale enterprise networks, storage, and system infrastructures to accommodate end-users, developers, and internal/external customers. Candidates are expected to be aware of industry changes and plan to stay ahead of industry advancements to allow them to help guide the use and implementation of technology standards at Take-Two.
What You’ll Take On
- Assist in the implementation of information and operational support systems
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software, system management tools, and hardware, virtualisation, and storage related systems
- Maintain security, backup, offsite replication, and general DR strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time of any task
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of availability for all systems
- Monitor and resolve alerting issues for all infrastructure systems by participating in rotating on-call schedule
- Monitor and test system performance for potential bottlenecks, and collaborate to drive solutions and implement changes
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for team related assets and domains
- Work closely with vendors and other IT personnel to identify and resolve issues with systems and infrastructure
What You Bring
- Authoritative with one of Windows or Linux, including installing, configuring and problem solving issues
- Experience managing virtualized environments (e.g., VMware, Nutanix)
- Practical networking experience (4 layer model, TCP/IP) including diagnosing, and remediating basic network issues (e.g., firewalls)
- Demonstrable ability to write and debug automation tools and scripts (e.g., PowerShell, shell scripts, Python)
- Experience with software development principles, including version control systems, Agile development methodologies, and automated CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Perforce, Jenkins, Git)
- Experience managing configuration management solutions (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Strong ability to learn new technologies and dive into challenges.
- Capable of written and verbal communication among both technical and non-technical audience
Great to Have:
- Knowledge of programming languages C++, C#
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Tomcat, Apache/NGINX/IIS, databases, etc)
- Experience managing containerised environments (e.g., Kubernetes)
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare, Private dental, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (66% salary), Workplace Savings, 26 days holiday, Enhanced Family friendly policies + other great perks and great office facilities!
- Perks. Fitness reimbursement up to £50 per month, an onsite Gym, an Office bar, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, a dog friendly workplace and the ability to earn £350+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.