Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
Summary: We are searching for an Accounts Payable Specialist for our Porto Office preferably with experience in a fast growth environment. Our goal is to build the best Finance team in healthcare.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the receiving, reviewing, archiving and processing of vendor invoices.
- Monitoring of all payments and expenses including vendor invoices, payroll expenses, purchase orders, and operating expenses.
- Overseeing and managing vendor accounts for timely payments and compliance with internal controls, company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Reconciling payments through verification, rechecking, auditing, and other tools to maintain accurate financial records.
- Owning the organisation and maintenance of the AP inbox to ensure inquiries are answered and processed expeditiously
- Acting as a liaison between internal business users and vendors to successfully facilitate correct and timely payments and independently resolve invoice issues and disputes
- Reviewing and processing expense reports in Concur or any other expense report tool.
- Provide strategic assistance and contribute with the implementing of technological solutions
- Additional AP and expense processing duties as necessary
What You Will Need:
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 3+ years experience successfully owning the end-to-end completion of full cycle accounts payable and expense reports, including implementing processes and policies.
- Experience with accounts payable systems, ideally NetSuite and Coupa - preferred.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and high degree of customer orientation
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally to all levels of the company, including external vendors.
- Experience in the tech or comparable industry with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
US Sword Benefits:
*Eligibility for Essential benefits: Full-time employees regularly working 25+ hours per week
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.