Process Development Engineer (Canelas)
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2024
WHO WE ARE
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain. Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over +1400 other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented Sword specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than three years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
The Process Development Engineer role is primarily responsible for the support in developing and maintaining production.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop, optimize, and scale up manufacturing processes for new and existing products.
- Running tests directed by Process Development Manager
- Troubleshooting of Production equipment issues (such as production equipment, production computers, label printers, etc.)
- Updating equipment with new components and/or features
- Maintenance on Production equipment (scheduled and unscheduled)
- Implementation of new supplies or equipment for production line
- Work with Production & Quality teams on develop and maintain process documentation, such as standard operating procedures, work instructions, and process flow diagrams
- Installation, Operational, and Performance Qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ). Development and execution of protocols and filling out reports
- Production Line Manufacturing Metrics tracking tools setup and analysis (SPC)
- Non-Conformity investigations on production line
- Managing of calibration of tools
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, including FDA, ISO… and supports periodic facility and workforce compliance audits.
What you need to have:
- Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering or similar role
- Ability to work on our offices based in Porto and Canelas, Vila Nova de Gaia
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including Statistical Analysis of data
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient in English and Portuguese (to easily converse with production specialists and operators).
- Medical Device industry experience is a plus
*Please note that this position does not offer relocation assistance. Candidates must possess a valid EU visa and be based in Portugal.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.