AI Product Manager (Portugal-based Remote/Hybrid)
Software Engineering, Product, Data Science
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Who we are:
Each year, 2 billion people across the world are limited by physical pain. By helping people live without pain, they are free to do the things they love most with the people they love—and never miss a moment. This is what we do. We create and design new technologies to solve one of the biggest problems in healthcare: taking care of our Physical Health. Sword Health is the world’s fastest growing digital musculoskeletal (MSK) care provider on a bold mission to free two billion people from acute, chronic, and post-surgical physical pain . Our customers include some of the most progressive Fortune 100 and 500 companies, as well as over 160+ other established businesses across the world.
The Sword program allows members to complete a personalized physical therapy program from the comfort of home, with continued support and supervision from one of our talented SWORD specialists. Sword’s personalized care is more effective than traditional standards of care, and has proven to deliver best-in-class clinical results. Since breaking into the market less than two years ago, Sword has worked with insurers, health systems, and employers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia to make high quality musculoskeletal care accessible to everyone.
This is an opportunity to join Sword during a time of hyper growth and expansion. After our recent $2bn valuation, we’re excited to continue accelerating our impact by scaling with high caliber people with passion, commitment and energy to create and deliver technologies, services and products that drive human progress forward.
We welcome you to join our mission, to make a difference on a grand scale and play a pivotal role with a global team at Sword– working alongside great people pioneering novel products and cutting edge technologies.
The AI team
Sword’s AI team sits at the intersection of productized Machine Learning (ML) and software development, working across the Sword platform to enable its ultimate vision of AI Care: unprecedented levels of care, both in scale and quality, through AI-powered clinician and member experiences that "🔊 amplify the human touch".
- e.g., a decision support system for clinical prescription management, a ranking system to direct attention to members requiring assistance, and an engagement system surfacing the most relevant data points for any given communication.
In this role, you’ll work under the VP of Product Innovation in a team of AI Product Managers dedicated to crafting and executing these experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Influencing the team’s roadmap by proactively identifying opportunities across Sword for high-impact ML initiatives;
- Partnering with technical and non-technical stakeholders to properly scope those initiatives, by deep-diving into the underlying pain points, assessing the adequacy of ML solutions, defining requirements, and laying out high-level approaches;
- Support execution & iteration by working with other teams (Engineering, Product, Clinical, Operations) in tight feedback loops to make sure requirements are met, scope is adjusted as new information comes in, and development does not drift away from high-value product experiences;
- Being the face of ML solutions at Sword: preparing releases, communicating changes, collecting feedback from end users; and acting as the first layer of troubleshooting;
- Deep-diving into specific topics across Sword both to guarantee AI compatibility and to bring relevant business/technical context to the team;
- Acting as an enabler: preemptively identify and address risks, ambiguities, future needs, and blindspots; find balanced solutions for unexpected blockers.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist (DS) and/or Machine Learning Engineer and exposure/interest in Product OR 2+ years of experience as Product Owner/Technical Product Manager/Product Manager of a highly technical AI-powered product;
- Working knowledge of SQL;
- Experience in production-grade MLE/DS projects from ideation to maintenance (proof-of-concept, iteration, release and monitoring);
- Ability to exercise sound judgment over ML/DS topics and understand the nuanced implications in the downstream product experience;
- A good zoom dial: move between the problem and solution spaces as needed, interfacing with both non-technical (physical therapists, business decision-makers) and technical (MLE/DS, tech leads) stakeholders through adequate, timely communication;
- Good oral and written communication skills, wielded often as tools for alignment-seeking and problem distillation;
- Critical thinking: strategically disagree upwards or with peers as necessary;
- Autonomy & self-direction: aware of the team’s direction, prioritize accordingly with limited supervision even when faced with ambiguity;
- A natural curiosity and intuition over both old and new AI techniques and the product/business problems they can address.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment wearing different hats, acting scrappy when the situation calls for it;
- Have experience with BigQuery and Looker for business and product analytics;
- Have experience with the Python data stack;
- Get itchy with suboptimal processes and can’t help but propose improved versions.
To ensure you feel good solving a big Human problem, we offer:
- A stimulating, fast-paced environment with lots of room for creativity;
- A bright future at a promising high-tech startup company;
- Career development and growth, with a competitive salary;
- The opportunity to work with a talented team and to add real value to an innovative solution with the potential to change the future of healthcare;
- A stimulating environment with room for creativity;
- A flexible environment where you can control your hours (remotely) with unlimited vacation;
- Access to our health and well-being program (digital therapist sessions);
- Remote or Hybrid work policy: We have offices in Porto and Lisbon, so if you want to have face-to-face contact you can always work from there.
*Please note that this position does not offer relocation assistance. Candidates must possess a valid EU visa and be based in Portugal.
US Sword Benefits:
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Free Digital Therapist for your family
Snacks and Beverages
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.