Quality Control Technician
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
Sword Health is a health care company that provides virtual and digital physical therapy. Sword is committed to providing high-quality medical devices (SFW and HW) that improve patient outcomes and safety. As part of our ongoing commitment to excellence, we are seeking a hard-working, detail oriented Quality Control Technician that will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality of components being delivered from suppliers and the medical devices produced by Sword. You will be reporting to the Quality Systems Engineering (QSE) function, and below you will find more about the primary responsibilities for this position.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Quality Assurance:
- Support the QSE function in implementing quality control procedures, inspection controls and testing methodologies within the production environment
- Support the design transfer of Sword Health products into production and collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to establish and maintain quality standards for Sword Health medical devices
- Ensure that internal procedures are complied with within the production environment
- Under guidance from the QSE function, develop and implement quality control procedures, inspection controls and testing methodologies
- Conduct routine inspection and review of Device History Records to ensure that Sword Health products have been manufactured in accordance with all relevant quality requirements
- Process Improvement
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to identify opportunities for process optimization and efficiency enhancement within the production environment
- Under direction from the QSE function, conduct root cause investigations and implement Corrective and Preventive actions to address quality issues and drive continuous improvement
- Supplier management
- Support the evaluation of new suppliers to establish that they meet Sword Health quality and performance requirements to become approved suppliers
- Responsibility for incoming inspection of components supplied by suppliers for use of Sword Health medical devices to ensure established quality and performance standards are maintained, and support the QSE function to manage Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCARs) when incoming components do not meet Sword Health quality standards
- Root cause analysis
- Support investigations into quality incidents, employing tools such as 5 Whys, Fishbone diagrams and FMEA to establish root cause
- Participate in implementing resultant Corrective and Preventive actions to address and mitigate root cause issues
- Risk Management
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and mitigate risks present within the production environment
- Participate in the creation of risk analyses and resulting test strategies to ensure safe and effective devices
- Documentation and reporting
- Support the QSE and QARA function by generating KPIs and metrics to demonstrate how production processes are performing
- Support the QSE function with process qualification activities, through activities such as completing inspection and test reports Generate inspection and test reports to support product compliance
What You Will Need
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years´ experience in a similar role, ideally in regulated environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional teams and deliver a high quality of work to demanding timelines
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyze data and communicate results effectively
US Sword Benefits:
*Eligibility for Essential benefits: Full-time employees regularly working 25+ hours per week
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.