VP of Information Security
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
As VP of Information Security, you’ll be responsible for creating and managing a global, enterprise wide security strategy and program. Reporting to the CTO, you will work cross functionally with our Engineering, Product, Operations, and HR teams to create strategies, policies, and frameworks as they relate to application security, compliance, and security operations.
What You'll be Doing:
- Define and drive Sword's information security roadmap, strategy, tactics, and execution
- Architect programs and processes that evaluate and enhance Sword's information security policies and ensure the security of Sword's security perimeter through monitoring, remediation, reporting, and auditing
- Partner with Sword's engineering and product teams during scoping and execution of all roadmap deliverables to ensure that security concerns are treated as first class product requirements
- Respond appropriately and effectively to security-related incidents and report back to key internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in externally requested security audits from partners
- Lead efforts to continuously review and update company-wide information security policies to align with industry best practices
- Oversee and coordinate security efforts across the company alongside Privacy, Engineering, Ops, HR, Product, and more
- Stay up to date with IT/Security industry trends and evaluate new solutions & techniques
- Launch company-wide security initiatives and training
- Partner with commercial and customer success teams to support customer acquisition and retention.
What You'll Need to Have:
- ~10 years of experience building and leading security teams focused on all aspects of cybersecurity, including identity management, software security, GRC, and security operations, with increasing responsibilities
- Overseen security teams and vendor management
- Experience leading SOC 2, HITRUST, CMMC, FedRAMP or similar audits and/or certifications
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams while thriving in a fast-paced growing company
- Self-motivation and drive to go above and beyond
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, able to communicate security concepts to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Experience with IT risk management standards, practices, methods, and frameworks including ISO 27001, COBIT and NIST CSF
- Drive the implementation of an effective digital health program to enhance the patient experience and improve overall outcomes
- Expertise in healthcare financial management, including IT budgeting, financial planning, and operations.
We'd Love to See:
- Superior level of mentorship, leadership, and collaboration
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, etc are preferred
- Prior experience in digital health and health care
- Experience in a high growth company
- Possesses a functional knowledge of ITIL practice
- Experience in building clinical informatics, digital health, and data analytics programs
- Demonstrated understanding of cyber security and potential threats/current landscape
- Functional knowledge of Epic Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
US Sword Benefits:
*Eligibility for Essential benefits: Full-time employees regularly working 25+ hours per week
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.