Director, GTM & Strategic Finance
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Sword Health is on a mission to free two billion people from pain as the world’s first and only end-to-end platform to predict, prevent and treat pain.
Delivering a 62% reduction in pain and a 60% reduction in surgery intent, at Sword, we are using technology to save millions for our 2,500+ enterprise clients across three continents. Today, we hold the majority of industry patents, win 70% of competitive evaluations, and have raised more than $300 million from top venture firms like Founders Fund, General Catalyst, and Khosla Ventures.
Recognized as a Forbes Best Startup Employer in 2023, this award highlights our focus on being a destination for the best and brightest talent. Not only have we experienced unprecedented growth since our market debut in 2020, but we’ve also created a remarkable mission and value-driven environment that is loved by our growing team. With a recent valuation of $2 billion, we are in a phase of hyper growth and expansion, and we’re looking for individuals with passion, commitment, and energy to help us scale our impact.
Joining Sword Health means committing to a set of core values, chief amongst them to “do it for the patients” every day, and to always “deliver more than expected” on behalf of our members and clients.
This is an opportunity for you to make a significant difference on a massive scale as you work alongside 800+ (and growing!) talented colleagues, spanning two continents. Your charge? To help us build a pain-free world, powered by technology, enhanced by people — accessible to all.
Reporting to the VP, Finance, the Director, Strategic & GTM Finance will be responsible for building and leading the strategic and go-to-market (GTM) finance function at Sword. Working closely with senior company and GTM leadership, this role will lead our company-wide, long-range financial planning process, as well as be responsible for GTM planning, revenue forecasting, and efficiency analysis.
What You'll Do
- Lead financial planning and analysis for the go-to-market organization. You will work closely with senior leadership to plan and track progress against both top line and expense targets, including key operating and financial metrics like quota capacity, pipeline health, bookings, commissions, marketing efficiency, and others.
- Build and maintain Sword Health’s long-range financial model and planning process. You will partner cross-functionally to align on long-term growth / profitability targets as well as key operational and financial model drivers and assumptions.
- Produce data-driven insights to help drive future growth and margin expansion. This will include competitive / market analysis as well as identifying strategies and opportunities to improve efficiency, among others.
- Lead financial analysis on strategic projects, including but not limited to new product introductions, new market entries, M&A opportunities, as well as capital raises and investor relations support
- Create and maintain benchmarking analysis across various financial and operating metrics, comparing Sword to various industry benchmarks and peers
- Develop strong, trusted relationships with executives and senior leaders across every function and business unit within Sword. You will have direct visibility to senior leadership and be expected to play an active role in managing the business, leveraging data to provide guidance on strategy and investment decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience across FP&A, strategic finance, or similar roles
- Investment Banking background is preferred but not required
- Proven track record of working with companies at a similar growth stage, preferably including IPO preparation.
- Strong financial modeling skills and the ability to navigate complex data to derive actionable insights.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and drive projects independently
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with the ability to contribute to long-term financial planning.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in financial reporting and analysis.
US Sword Benefits:
*Eligibility for Essential benefits: Full-time employees regularly working 25+ hours per week
Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
Discretionary PTO Plan
US Sword Perks:
Flexible working hours
Internet Stipend for remote working
Paid Company Holidays
Free Digital Therapist for you and your family
Portugal - Sword Benefits:
Health, dental and vision Insurance
Portugal - Sword Perks:
Remote Work Allowance
Flexible working hours
Work from home
Snacks and Beverages
Unlimited access to Coursera Learning Platform
*US Applicants Only: Applicants must have a legal right to work in the United States, and immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.*
SWORD Health, which includes SWORD Health, Inc. and Sword Health Professionals (consisting of Sword Health Care Providers, P.A., SWORD Health Care Providers of NJ, P.C., SWORD Health Care Physical Therapy Providers of CA, P.C.*) complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of Age, Ancestry, Color, Citizenship, Gender, Gender expression, Gender identity, Gender information, Marital status, Medical condition, National origin, Physical or mental disability, Pregnancy, Race, Religion, Caste, Sexual orientation, and Veteran status.