Repair Operations Manager
Baltimore, MD, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
The Repair Operations Manager is an on-site position responsible for maintaining the fleet and managing local spare parts inventory. The Repair Operations Manager is responsible for understanding, executing, and logging all types of diagnostic and repairs needed to maintain the fleet and document and report component failures to the Repair Operations Team & Engineering Teams. The Repair Operations Manager will be the primary owner of the maintenance workspace and, as such, is responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, and organized workspace.
Additionally, the Repair Operations Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating training, delegating diagnostic and repair procedures, and managing the workflow of a team of Scooter Technicians I’s and Scooter Technician II’s within the assigned market.
- Minimize the fleet downtime and ensure that all vehicles deployed to the field are safe and pass quality standards.
- Maximize maintenance staff efficiency by reviewing work orders and projects before assigning daily tasks to all members of the maintenance team.
- Understand, execute, and log the training of maintenance staff. Be a teacher and a coach.
- Coordinate with the regional Fleet Support Manager to understand business level projects and receive new training.
- Work closely with the local Operations Manager to collaborate on market level challenges.
- Own the monthly, spare parts inventory count and ensure the proper submission of counts as assigned by the regional Fleet Support Manager. Collaborate with the Fleet Support Manager to identify any parts shortages or urgent needs. Own the receiving process for monthly parts shipments.
- Monitor daily completed repair quantity- inspecting the end product of the repairs by all technicians on shift to ensure procedures are followed properly and only high quality, rideable, and safe vehicles are deployed.
- Walk the floor, be present and alert for employee-support needed; train and show employees the expected physical and aesthetic standard of their work output.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of every scooter triaged through maintenance and of those in charging stations before deployment.
- Work with the regional Fleet Support Manager for assessing failed rides, vehicle cases, geofence and firmware updates. Raise any trends identified that contribute to abnormal behaviors of the scooter or upticks in maintenance types.
- Review work order compliance by the technicians through digital documentation, ensuring proper procedures are followed, correct where necessary.
- Complete other duties as assigned by local Operations Manager or Regional Fleet Support Manager.
Who you are:
- Must be able to lift a 65+pound scooter 20+ times without assistance
- Excellent organizational skills, a proven project manager
- Previous troubleshooting experience required, experience as a service manager, lead technician, fleet technician, micro-mobility, or technology fields preferred
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and communicate efficiently with managers in a physical and remote environment
- Have a positive and professional attitude towards your work
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with IoT devices, networking troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of GSuite
- Past micro-mobility experience
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to the growth and development of all employees
- A group of fabulous, like-minded, driven people that support each other and mentors across the top echelons of the industry
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian's future
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment
Superpedestrian actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please apply! We’d love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.