iOS Engineer, Core Product Team
As part of a small team, you will be responsible for building and supporting many features of our iOS app. iOS engineers work in close partnership with designers, product thinkers, and customers directly to build out new mobile offerings and tooling across the platform. iOS engineers are on the front-lines of product development and are responsible for creating what’s next for Substack!
Substack’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and exceptional benefits. Our cash compensation salary range for this role is $175,000 - $230,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Develop the core Substack iOS app in Swift for readers and writers.
- Collaborate with designers, writers, support staff, and many others. From product concept and research to implementation and deployment, we expect you to own your work and deliver high-quality solutions.
- Work directly with customers to solve their problems. The entire company (CEO included) participates in customer support in order to drive empathy for our users and help us build better products.
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience.
- Experience shipping high quality iOS apps to the App Store.
- Independent and autonomous. We’re too small to micromanage, and expect that every person at the company owns their work and can be a leader.
- Hold yourself and others to a high standard when working on production systems.
- Take pride in building elegant and delightful product experiences. Substack works best when it gets out of the way so writers can focus on writing and connecting with their readers.
- Enjoy collaboration with a diverse group of thinkers while bringing our own unique experience and background to the team.
- Believe in Substack’s mission to build a better business model for writing.
Substack is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, national origin, veteran or disability status. We’re seeking people passionate about enabling independent expression and building a better business model for creators. If you want to see what media, communities, and content can become when unmoored from advertising models, and you have the skills and experience to contribute, we’d love to meet you.