Product Manager, Growth Team
Product at Substack
As the sole Growth PM, you will be responsible for the strategy and execution of the work to bring more writers and readers into the Substack network. You will support a team of ~10 engineers, designers, analysts, and partner closely with our CEO and leadership team. This position will ideally be located in the San Francisco Bay Area, but we are open to remote candidates.
Substack’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and exceptional benefits. Our cash compensation salary range for this role is $165,000 - $230,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Identify the biggest opportunities for product-led growth and ensure the Growth team has a compelling roadmap at all times
- Help design and spec projects across the spectrum from experiment, to feature, to large-scale initiative – you must be comfortable getting into the weeds
- Act as the steward of Substack’s growth model: where growth is coming from, what’s going well, what isn’t -- and ensure this story is well understood across the company
- Act as the overall steward of Substack’s experimentation process and culture: helping develop our frameworks and helping teams across the company test & learn effectively
- Work closely with our executive leadership team to ensure that our growth strategy and overall company strategy are in lock-step at all times
- Create clarity and accountability, ensuring the team is tracking to the roadmap and that it’s meaningfully driving impact towards our objectives.
- 6+ years of relevant product and growth experience at comparable companies
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and be scrappy
- Growth frameworks (like cohort analysis and growth accounting) should be second nature
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools (like Amplitude and Periscope) for analysis
- Strong communication skills, to effectively influence teams and strategy
- Ability to collaborate well with cross-functional partners across the company
- An owner’s mindset – hold yourself and others accountable in service of great work.
Substack is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, national origin, veteran or disability status. We’re seeking people passionate about enabling independent expression and building a better business model for creators. If you want to see what media, communities, and content can become when unmoored from advertising models, and you have the skills and experience to contribute, we’d love to meet you.