Trust & Safety Specialist
If you’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, navigating ambiguity and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, this role is for you. Ideally, this full-time role would be located in San Francisco or New York City.
- Respond and resolve complex user issues related to copyright infringement, privacy, user safety, risk, compliance, and content moderation
- Review and moderate highly sensitive content on the platform
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders including team members in Product, Engineering, and Partnerships to identify and create solutions for user safety issues
- Help improve processes to optimize efficiency, safety, and the reader/writer experience
- Work closely with our User Support team to scale and optimize T&S processes
- Escalate and investigate edge-cases for review to inform Substack’s policy development
- Keep public facing policy docs and help center content up to date and accurate
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer facing role related to compliance, risk, trust & safety, content moderation or similar space
- Ability to work with ambiguity and quickly adapt to process and policy changes, often under time pressure
- Experience working cross-functionally with Engineering and Product teams to drive internal tooling and product improvements
- Ability to standardize and streamline enforcement processes
- Experience drafting standard operating procedures
- Writer-obsessed. You may not be a writer, but you understand the media landscape and believe that great writing is important
- Familiarity with Zendesk ticketing (administration experience is a plus)
- Familiarity with GSuite
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Substack’s compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and exceptional benefits. Our cash compensation salary range for this role is $75,000 - $85,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Substack is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, national origin, veteran or disability status. We’re seeking people passionate about enabling independent expression and building a better business model for creators. If you want to see what media, communities, and content can become when unmoored from advertising models, and you have the skills and experience to contribute, we’d love to meet you.