Senior Product Manager, Credit
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 4 million customers. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
As a Senior Product Manager for Credit, you will lead the product vision, strategy, roadmap and execution across all our lending products, with an eye to Step’s overall business goals. You will use data and insights to prioritize your roadmap, articulating the why behind your decisions. You will work with both internal and external partners to deliver value and delight to our customers. Over time, you will build and lead a team of product managers, each focusing on specific product credit areas.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of our customers;
- Work with the leadership team on refining our credit product vision and strategy;
- Use data and insights to identify the highest impact features, improvements, and experiments;
- Partner with design, engineering, data sciences, legal and compliance in particular to define, build and roll out product features;
- Work closely with external lending partners including our banking and credit data partners;
- Measure impact and communicate learnings;
- Recruit, inspire and mentor a product team.
- 8+ years of product management experience or equivalent, software engineering experience a plus;
- Experience in scaling consumer credit products;
- Experience building, launching, and managing products at scale;
- Experience hiring and managing product managers;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Experience with BigQuery/Looker and Segment/Mixpanel or similar product analytics software;
- Deep care for the customer, proactive, outcome-oriented.
- Base pay salary range is $170,000-$200,000 and stock in early stage startup
- Salary will be determined by a variety of factors including job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Paid parental Leave 🐣
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Professional development reimbursement 📚
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻