Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
At Sprinter Health, we are on a mission to dramatically improve health outcomes for millions of people who fall through the cracks of American healthcare.
To access healthcare today, people have to take 3 hours off from work (often unpaid), drive or bus across town, hunt for parking, find room 714b in a labyrinth clinic, and then wait in room after room. How is this considered normal—all just to get something checked out?
We rethought all this: What if 80% of the things you do at clinics could be done in the convenience of people’s homes? What if we redesigned the healthcare experience around the person receiving services (rather than the convenience of fax machines and clinical interfaces from 1988)?
We now dispatch the highest quality, friendly medical professionals directly from patient home to patient home (think ‘DoorDash for healthcare’) making it so simple and convenient that we’re able to reach people who would otherwise not have gone in. Every time we sprint to a home is a chance to catch diseases early enough to make a difference.
About The Role
We are rapidly expanding our operations as we build new partnerships across the healthcare spectrum. We are looking for an experienced, customer-centric individual to grow our Care Navigation arm. As a Care Navigator specializing in community resources, you will play a vital role in ensuring that patients receive comprehensive care by connecting them with relevant community services and by assisting patients in closing care gaps. The Care Navigator plays a crucial role in providing a positive, welcoming experience for patients.The ideal candidate will have a strong customer-service orientation, be passionate about patient care, and never hesitate to go the extra mile to ensure a positive member experience.
What you will do:
- Provide direct individual care navigation services to an assigned caseload of patients to support them in navigating through the complex healthcare system
- Conduct thorough assessments of patients to identify social, economic, and environmental factors that may impact their health and well-being
- Serve as an advocate for patients in accessing community resources, ensuring they receive the necessary support to overcome barriers to care
- Research, identify, and maintain an up-to-date database of community resources, including support groups, financial assistance programs, housing services, and other relevant resources
- Educate patients on available community resources and services, explaining how they can access and benefit from these resources to improve their overall quality of life
- Use strong communication skills to build trust with prospective patients and caregivers to encourage and motivate them to schedule necessary appointments and be active in their health care
- Facilitate communication between healthcare providers and community organizations to ensure seamless referrals and transitions of care for patients. (Note: Local travel may be required)
- Demonstrate cultural competence and sensitivity when working with patients from diverse backgrounds, respecting individual beliefs, values, and preferences
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patient interactions, resource recommendations, and outcomes in accordance with healthcare protocols and privacy regulations
- As necessary, you will escalate questions and concerns to other teams for additional support
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned including outbound calling to schedule patients
- Flexible, humble, and a sense of humor are your key personality traits
- You are a strong and personable communicator
- You excel at last minute problem solving and out of the box thinking
- You are highly organized and love to follow a process
- You have experience working in an on-demand service or healthcare environment
- You thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required
- At least 3+ years of care navigation, social work, or community outreach within a healthcare setting
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred
- Start-up experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven skill managing multiple channels of communication including phone, email, chat, etc.