Director of People
People & HR
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2023
At Sprinter Health, we are on a mission to dramatically improve health outcomes for millions of people who fall through the cracks of American healthcare.
To access healthcare today, people have to take 3 hours off from work (often unpaid), drive or bus across town, hunt for parking, find room 714b in a labyrinth clinic, and then wait in room after room. How is this considered normal—all just to get something checked out?
We rethought all this: What if 80% of the things you do at clinics could be done in the convenience of people’s homes? What if we redesigned the healthcare experience around the person receiving services (rather than the convenience of fax machines and clinical interfaces from 1988)?
We now dispatch the highest quality, friendly medical professionals directly from patient home to patient home (think ‘DoorDash for healthcare’) making it so simple and convenient that we’re able to reach people who would otherwise not have gone in. Every time we sprint to a home is a chance to catch diseases early enough to make a difference.
About The Role
We’re at a critical stage in our company’s trajectory and are eager to add a leader to the People function to support our growing workforce. This experienced professional will be a key member of the leadership team, lead the People functions at Sprinter Health, and execute strategies that support business priorities. The Director of People will be responsible for overseeing the HR functions across multiple entities - the corporate entity and the medical practice(s) - in key areas including Policies, Procedures and Processes, Compensation and Benefits, Recruiting & Retention, Performance Management, and Learning and Development (list not exhaustive).
What you will do:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the organization's goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, engagement and retention.
- Provide thought leadership on organizational design as the company grows.
- Own People department objectives and key results in collaboration and agreement with business unit heads and management.
- Defining key workforce data to drive informed decision-making and continuous improvement
- Ensuring consistent application of policies and practices in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Manage employee relations issues, partner with our employment lawyers (when needed), and conduct effective and objective investigations
- Have in depth knowledge of Employment law and of our HRIS system across both corporate and clinical groups
- 8+ years of direct People experience
- Able to work at a high level of autonomy and manage multiple ongoing issues and employment matters with minimum supervision
- Experienced people leader with a track record of building high-performing teams and leading teams through transformational changes
- Have knowledge of People compliance regulations, immigration and employment laws, and industry best practices
- Have a passion for developing the next generation of leaders
- Organized and have an attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution), effectively exercise independent judgment, and make sound decisions
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal) and exemplary customer service skills, with an ability to build partnerships at all levels
- Have exceptional ethics around confidentiality and highly sensitive information
- Have experience working with technical People systems and software
The base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 - $180,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity or benefits
Beware of recruitment fraud and scams that involve fictitious job descriptions followed by false job offers.
If you are applying for a job, you can confirm the legitimacy of a job posting by viewing current open roles here. All legitimate job postings will require an application to be made directly on our official Sprinter Health Careers website. Job-related communications will only be sent from email addresses ending in @sprinterhealth.com. Please ensure that you’re only replying to emails that end with @sprinterhealth.com.