Mobile Phlebotomist - Orange County, CA
Orange County, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Are you looking for a full time opportunity that combines your passion for connecting with people, making a difference in their lives and your experience as a Phlebotomist?
Sprinter Health is currently seeking full-time experienced and professional phlebotomists interested in joining our high-growth stage startup! Sprinter Health is a boots-on-the-ground clinician network for the telehealth age, bringing routine health services such as blood draws and vitals directly to the patient’s home.
Successful candidates will have prior experience as a phlebotomist as well as be reliable, professional, customer-oriented and have the ability to work independently with a high standard of excellence. You will be a member of an energetic and innovative team at the forefront of changing the way that healthcare is offered. Sprinter Health Phlebotomists will be on a path towards advanced learning, eager to broaden their skills and integrate the latest evidence based practices in their profession. Most importantly, we are seeking candidates who are friendly, compassionate, empathetic, and genuinely care about patients. Although we provide mobile health services, the patient experience is central to our mission. Every interaction with patients is an opportunity to deliver a caring and high quality healthcare experience.
A Day in the Life of a Sprinter
- Your day will begin by ensuring that you have all the proper supplies and PPE with you to care for that day’s patients
- Using easy and modern technology, you will access your schedule for the day
- Once in the patient’s home, you will have the opportunity to make a warm and welcoming connection with patients of all ages as you prepare to collect relevant information and patient samples
- You will have a very clear and outlined understanding of what information you will need from each patient - including but not limited to specimen collection, vital signs, and heart and lung tones
- Your patient visits will involve using your expert phlebotomy skills to collect blood samples in a manner that is easy and comfortable for the patient experience
- If samples are collected, you will ensure they are labeled properly and then coordinate drop off to the appropriate lab or shipment facility
Skills and Requirements
- Consistently exhibit the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, accountability, confidentiality, care and compassion to provide high quality health services
- Willing to work in a revolutionary environment that sometimes necessitates last minute problem solving and out of the box thinking
- Technologically savvy and comfortable using tools such as mobile devices for charting and HIPAA secure messaging apps for care coordination
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision
- Interest in learning and advancing skill set
- Reliable transportation as you will be using your own vehicle to travel to patient homes
- Ability to physically access and navigate patient homes including but not limited to climbing stairs and carrying up to 10 pounds while walking
- Pass national background check, DMV check, valid clinical license search
To begin working with patients you will need to have:
- State Dept of Health CPT Licensure (if applicable for your state)
- National Certification
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Transcript of Program Graduation
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Vehicle Insurance
- COVID + booster (Vaccine 1 of 2, Vaccine 2 of 2, Booster 1)
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
- Hep B
- TB (within the past year)
- Flu (annual or signed exemption)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDaP - within past 10 years)
The base hourly wage range for this position is $25 - $30 an hour + mileage + benefits and applicable overtime based on a standard full-time schedule. Our ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire hourly salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed reflect the base hourly wage only, and do not include mileage or benefits.
Sprinter Health is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected classes.
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference in the lives of people, apply today!
See more open positions at Sprinter Health
Something looks off?