Security Governance Officer
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Sonar solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code. Sonar equips organizations to achieve and sustain a Clean Code state by empowering developers to write consistent, intentional, adaptable, and responsible code. Clean Code produces software that is maintainable, reliable, and secure, allowing development teams to spend less time fixing issues and more time innovating. With Sonar, and by employing the company’s Clean as You Code methodology, organizations minimize risk, reduce technical debt, increase productivity, and derive more value from their software in a predictable and sustainable way.
Sonar’s open-source and commercial products – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support over 30 programming languages, frameworks, and infrastructure technologies. Trusted by more than 500,000 organizations and used by more than 7 million developers globally to clean more than half a trillion lines of code, Sonar is integral to delivering better software.
The Impact you can have
SonarSource has an objective to ensure the security of our products and the security of our organization meet stringent standards to demonstrate to our rapidly growing customer base how seriously we take security. SonarSource holds an organization-wide ISO 27001 certification and is considering other certifications and standards.
To achieve this goal, we are looking for a talented security professional to join the team. You have extensive experience implementing security frameworks and managing the pre-audit and audit processes. You will continually raise the bar for our security processes, procedures, and controls to ensure that, across our cloud platform, our software delivery pipelines and our operational activities, are designed and implemented to levels that will satisfy independent audits.
On a daily basis, you will
- Perform risk assessments and perform in-depth analyses of mitigating controls documenting the risk and reporting on status, gaps, and risk through key indices.
- Operate compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance with internal security policies and external regulations.
- Liaise with all departments to assess compliance gaps, determine actions required to close them and track progress.
- Perform security risk assessments for vendor management
- Continuously improve the governance program with new information, policies, and documentation.
- Maintain and continuously improve the Business Continuity processes.
- Provide responses to customer information security due diligence questionnaires.
- Provide support for internal and external audits and penetration tests.
- Support information security awareness, training, and educational activities
- Support internal security processes (e.g. Vulnerability Management)
The skills you will demonstrate
- You have experience implementing and maintaining compliance to ISO 27001 and/or SOC 2 standards, including managing internal and external audits.
- You have extensive knowledge of all IT disciplines, IT service management and delivery.
- You have experience addressing IS issues in a broad range of IT infrastructures and technologies across a range of business environments.
- You have experience with SaaS/Cloud technologies and on-premise software delivery.
- You have experience working on cross-team projects across a global organization.
- You have experience of risk assessing vulnerabilities and penetration test findings
- You have excellent organizational and planning skills.
- You have experience reporting and presenting project progress.
- You are a friendly, enthusiastic, and organized team player. You actively share your knowledge, and give and receive feedback, to improve the team and yourself.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowess and we strive to create a work environment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.