Global Account Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Sonar solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code. Sonar equips organizations to achieve and sustain a Clean Code state by empowering developers to write consistent, intentional, adaptable, and responsible code. Clean Code produces software that is maintainable, reliable, and secure, allowing development teams to spend less time fixing issues and more time innovating. With Sonar, and by employing the company’s Clean as You Code methodology, organizations minimize risk, reduce technical debt, increase productivity, and derive more value from their software in a predictable and sustainable way.
Sonar’s open-source and commercial products – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support over 30 programming languages, frameworks, and infrastructure technologies. Trusted by more than 500,000 organizations and used by more than 7 million developers globally to clean more than half a trillion lines of code, Sonar is integral to delivering better software.
The impact you will have
Use your problem-solving abilities and customer focus to evangelize the code quality management philosophy embraced by over 400,000 organizations. Utilize your proven sales skills to highlight product value, drive adoptions, and significantly expand our customer base.
Engage with developers, decision-makers, and procurement in diverse industries and company sizes. Seize this opportunity to directly influence the direction and processes of our Sales Team and organization as we grow. This is your chance to drive sales success and impact our upward trajectory!
On a daily basis, you will
- Generate new leads and opportunities within an assigned account set, representing our largest and most strategic existing customer base at Sonar via upselling and cross-selling.
- Ensure that minimum requirements are established, managed and maintained with customers, such as quarterly business reviews.
- Onboard customers throughout their entire journey with SonarSource commercial products.
- Develop relationships with champions within existing customer accounts.
- Size and quote customer software license needs.
- Negotiate and close upgrades to existing implementations.
- Interact with customers over phone, email, video conference, and on-site meetings when necessary.
- Support marketing efforts with account-based customer-focused marketing campaigns.
- Pro-actively engage in building, growing and sharing sales team best practices.
- Accurately capture and report all aspects of account and opportunity information within the SFDC platform.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to set daily activity and accurately forecast opportunity pipeline.
The technical skills you will demonstrate
- Proven successful 5+ years of experience in a B2B sales role, ideally in a SaaS or subscription model. Focus on building and managing customer relationships. Experience selling a technical product to a technical buyer.
- Proven expertise in account planning and prospecting, using various channels and tools for prospecting, such as Zoominfo, LinkedIn, calling and networking.
- Expertise in navigating and growing a pipeline in existing customer accounts and taking a deal from Lead Qualification to Closed Won.
- Familiarity in supporting and selling to large enterprise customers and managing and negotiating larger (> 100k USD) enterprise deals.
- Ability to drive the sales process effectively through phone calls, emails, and virtual and on-site meetings.
- Proficiency in communicating with executive-level contacts and delivering value messages based on the persona you are engaging with (bottom/up and top/down approach)
- Salesforce.com lover; you know it and can’t imagine sales without it.
- Customer-Centric focus; We Want Happy Customers.
- Written and spoken English at a professional level.
The soft skills you will demonstrate
- Solid communication and listening skills: handling objections and taking feedback and coaching.
- Team player interested in seeing the company goals achieved alongside the team and individual goals.
- Self-driven and proactive attitude
Nice to have
- Experience in a B2B sales role in a SaaS or subscription model.
- Experience in Software Development Tooling sales or experience selling into the Development side of IT.
- Experience with selling and closing deals internationally.
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowess and we strive to create a work environment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.