Business Analyst & Project Manager
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Sonar solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code. Sonar equips organizations to achieve and sustain a Clean Code state by empowering developers to write consistent, intentional, adaptable, and responsible code. Clean Code produces software that is maintainable, reliable, and secure, allowing development teams to spend less time fixing issues and more time innovating. With Sonar, and by employing the company’s Clean as You Code methodology, organizations minimize risk, reduce technical debt, increase productivity, and derive more value from their software in a predictable and sustainable way.
Sonar’s open-source and commercial products – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support over 30 programming languages, frameworks, and infrastructure technologies. Trusted by more than 500,000 organizations and used by more than 7 million developers globally to clean more than half a trillion lines of code, Sonar is integral to delivering better software.
The impact you will have
Sonar is looking for an experienced Business Analyst & Project Manager (BAPM) to contribute to the success of its process transformation and overall growth. Sonar is organized into 3 departments, including a few teams composed of several Squads. The BAPM is part of the Business Projects squad, part of the Business Operations team, and acts as an internal consultant by working closely with the business stakeholders, teams, and users across the company.
This role provides a great opportunity to work within a very international team, offering a variety of work, exposure to different business problems, and access to top management. As Sonar is expanding and growing at a fast pace, the successful candidate will integrate a dynamic and agile Business Project Team to create true business impacts. The BAPM acts as an advisor, knowledge integrator, and change agent.
On a daily basis, you will
- Partner with Teams and Squads to define their transformation roadmap listing their Continuous improvement activities and projects(prioritized by business values)
- Support execution of the roadmap by managing projects and improving squads’ operational framework (process, organization, and tools)
- Monitor operational frameworks to enforce their execution as per their design and continuously improve them
- Establish a standardized approach to project execution and provide training to relevant squads and teams
- Support project qualification and submission as well as monitor and provide full and accurate visibility of project status to the management team
- Lead and coordinate projects with cross-functional teams, using our standardized approach
- Review, improve, and map Squad’s processes (RACI, Playbooks)
- Review, improve, and define SonarSource guidelines, policies, and FAQs
- Support Squad's tools implementation, testing & training
- Define hypercare activities
- Monitor hypercare activities
- Kick-off relationship with Squad
- Define Squad’s roadmap and support its execution
- Define Squads' processes monitoring
- Handover and support Squads' processes monitoring
- Qualify & prepare project submission
- Submit Key projects for review & approval
- Report & consolidate on Key projects portfolio
- Key project closing
- Define, document, and roll out BAPM standards
In order to fulfill the above mission, the BAPM is actively supporting and/or completing the following activities:
Business Analysis & Project Management (BAPM)
The skills you will demonstrate
- 8+ years experience in internal processes review and strim for a fast-growing business
- Experience working within international, cross-functional, agile, and complex projects
- Excellent analytical, communication, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Experience in working in consulting services is a plus
- Masters qualitative methods.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. French is a plus
- Service/UX Design experience and exposure to high-growth business is a plus
- Hands-on team player and strong relator
- Positive attitude toward change
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowess and we strive to create a work environment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.