Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Sonar solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code. Sonar equips organizations to achieve and sustain a Clean Code state by empowering developers to write consistent, intentional, adaptable, and responsible code. Clean Code produces software that is maintainable, reliable, and secure, allowing development teams to spend less time fixing issues and more time innovating. With Sonar, and by employing the company’s Clean as You Code methodology, organizations minimize risk, reduce technical debt, increase productivity, and derive more value from their software in a predictable and sustainable way.
Sonar’s open-source and commercial products – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support over 30 programming languages, frameworks, and infrastructure technologies. Trusted by more than 500,000 organizations and used by more than 7 million developers globally to clean more than half a trillion lines of code, Sonar is integral to delivering better software.
The impact you will have
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will bring a meticulous passion for details and robust accounting skills. Joining our Finance Team, you will commit to accelerating the implementation of precise controls, streamlined processes, and advanced systems, and elevating the efficiency and sophistication of our accounting operations.
On a daily basis, you will
- Record supplier invoices into our accounting software along with verifying the coding and approval of these invoices within the Company’s policy
- Prepare payment batches and process payments for our HQ and its subsidiaries located in 4 different countries
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Respond to requests/confirmations regarding payments to vendors
- Perform monthly close activities, such as preparing journal entries, and making sure all invoices are well-recorded in compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Administrative tasks (management of the accounting payable email box, dealing with reminders, invoices archiving)
- Work with the operational accounting team to identify and implement ways to accelerate the accounting close
- Collaborate effectively with various teams within the company
- Contribute to the achievement of Company objectives
The skills you will demonstrate
- 3+ years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping
- Working knowledge of Swiss CO (opportunity to learn US GAAP)
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. French and/or German is a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Valuing high-quality work
- Detail-oriented,, and collaborative
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- A commitment to confidentiality
- Good skills in Excel and accounting software, NetSuite experience is a plus
- Eagerness and ability to learn new technologies
- Adaptability and a team-oriented mindset
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowess and we strive to create a work environment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.