Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Sonar solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code. Sonar equips organizations to achieve and sustain a Clean Code state by empowering developers to write consistent, intentional, adaptable, and responsible code. Clean Code produces software that is maintainable, reliable, and secure, allowing development teams to spend less time fixing issues and more time innovating. With Sonar, and by employing the company’s Clean as You Code methodology, organizations minimize risk, reduce technical debt, increase productivity, and derive more value from their software in a predictable and sustainable way.
Sonar’s open-source and commercial products – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support over 30 programming languages, frameworks, and infrastructure technologies. Trusted by more than 500,000 organizations and used by more than 7 million developers globally to clean more than half a trillion lines of code, Sonar is integral to delivering better software.
To sustain the growth of our customer portfolio and to extend our services offering, we are looking for Support Engineers. On top of joining a fast-growing and innovative company, you will have the opportunity to assist our customers around the world in deploying/using our solutions and adopting software engineering best practices as a whole.
The impact you can have
As a Support engineer, you will contribute to Sonar products adoption and integration. You will provide an individualized level of service to our customers. You will guide them in finding the right implementation and advocate the best way to use our products. You will also investigate and solve customer issues in a timely manner. In Sonar, you will represent the customer voice in product discussions.
On a daily basis, you will
- Help customers integrate our solutions across their development pipeline. It means helping with the technical integration with developer IDE, ALMs, and Continuous Integration chain; the integration to software lifecycle (SCM, build, test), and the integration to existing business applications (identity provider, database, etc.).
- Drive technical issues to resolution: from the qualification of customer concerns to conducting an in-depth technical investigation and managing customer relationships all along the way.
- Collaborate with Sales and Consultants to improve overall customer experience and make sure that our Service offering brings maximum value to our customers.
- Work with the rest of the team to listen, challenge, and refine customers feedback to feed discussions with product teams and shape product evolutions.
- Have a voice in enhancing the way we work.
The skills you will demonstrate
- Software engineering best practices, with at least 3-5 years of experience in supporting, or maintaining and delivering high-quality software.
- 2+ years experience using or administrating a DevOps pipeline: SCM (e.g. Git, SVN), IDE (e.g. Visual Studio, IntelliJ), CI (e.g. Jenkins Pipelines, Azure DevOps, BitBucket, GitLab). More than acronyms, these are the tools that our customers use and that our products integrate with.
- Working knowledge of both local and cloud-based software deployment platforms and technologies, including Linux, Windows, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure
- Investigation skills to understand problems in their context and the ability to reproduce these scenarios.
- Team player, receiving and giving feedback as well as sharing knowledge.
- Can-do attitude: challenging status quo, leading and contributing to key improvements and innovations.
- Excellent English, verbal/written communication skills
Sonar is a company with offices in 5 countries and this position is to be based in the headquarter in Geneva (Switzerland).
Life of a Support Engineer at Sonar
Curious about the life of an Application Support Engineer at Sonar? Read this blog post created by one of our Support Engineers which gives a clear picture of what the role entails and what makes this a unique opportunity.
Words from the team
We are today a squad of +20 people coming from 7 different countries. We take any opportunity to learn from each other and grow our expertise. We provide support via a support portal that sustains the collaboration and provides the isolation required for advanced investigations.
The variety of customers makes each investigation a unique opportunity to learn about code quality, security, and DevOps.
At Sonar, our team is considered as a group of product experts who are spreading Sonar guidelines for code quality and security outside of the company. This balanced relationship with the other teams helps to have fruitful internal collaboration.
Feel ready to join the team? Apply and we will soon get in touch with you.
Sonar Support team.
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowess and we strive to create a work environment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.