LLM Research Engineer
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2023
Sonar solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code. Sonar equips organizations to achieve and sustain a Clean Code state by empowering developers to write consistent, intentional, adaptable, and responsible code. Clean Code produces software that is maintainable, reliable, and secure, allowing development teams to spend less time fixing issues and more time innovating. With Sonar, and by employing the company’s Clean as You Code methodology, organizations minimize risk, reduce technical debt, increase productivity, and derive more value from their software in a predictable and sustainable way.
Sonar’s open-source and commercial products – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support over 30 programming languages, frameworks, and infrastructure technologies. Trusted by more than 500,000 organizations and used by more than 7 million developers globally to clean more than half a trillion lines of code, Sonar is integral to delivering better software.
Sonar is looking for a passionate Research Engineer who loves to explore ways to improve our products by using LLMs. You will be part of our Research & Development team that drives the innovation of new technologies that power our products.
The impact you will have
With your domain expertise and experience, you will guide Sonar in the new era of AI. You will explore state-of-the-art LLMs and new feature ideas that help push our products to a next level. By prototyping and testing visionary features, you are preparing the next generation of our Clean Code solution that is loved by millions of developers around the globe.
On a daily basis, you will
- Have fun in an expert team full of creative and passionate researchers
- Stay up-to-date with the advancements of LLMs for code and text in the industry and academia
- Experiment with various existing LLMs to test for strengths and weaknesses
- Discuss and qualify new innovation opportunities for our products that leverage LLMs
- Prototype and evaluate new AI-powered product features for developers
The skills you will demonstrate
- You received a university degree and are proficient in understanding academic papers
- You have a good understanding of the overall architecture and building blocks of LLMs
- You have hands-on experience with using and deploying LLMs (locally and in the cloud)
- You have solid programming skills to automate tasks and build proof-of-concept code
- You are able to design unbiased evaluation protocols using model evaluation metrics
- You are familiar with the state-of-the-art of prompt tuning and engineering
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and can understand and explain complex technical topics.
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowess and we strive to create a work environment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.