Channels Director, Americas
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Sonar’s industry leading solution solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code, equipping developers and organizations to reach a problem-free state in their codebase with Clean Code. Through its unique Clean as You Code methodology, the organization has empowered 7 million developers and 400,000 organizations across the globe to systematically deliver better software.
The impact you will have
The Channel Director wins, maintains, and expands relationships with enterprise partners by building out a sustainable, scalable eco-system consisting of a transparent collaboration process.
The Channel ecosystem is a critical part of Sonar’s 2024 imperatives for success and we need someone with a strategic mindset, fearless in execution to build out the key markets and geographies.
On a daily basis, you will
- Discover, evaluate, and develop key potential partners with business models that complement Sonar’s offerings in an effective manner
- Potential partners include Global and/or National System Integrators and Software Resellers
- Establishes productive, professional and strong relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts and territories
- Initiates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, sales, marketing, and executive management resources that would contribute to the success of the partner ecosystem
- Engaged in meaningful business and account review to support partners in meeting assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts
- Build momentum and executable next steps in the joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Proactive management with Sonar’s channel policies, stringent expectations management of partners to minimize channel conflict
- Ensure partners receive and complete the required enablement program
- Ensures partner and Sonar’s continuous business, human capital investment, and their technology aligns and complies
The skills you will demonstrate
- +10 years or more of channel experience in the North American market
- Experience and proven record in building, maintaining, and expanding high-performance partners in required territories
- Experience in building out enterprise-level partnerships at the strategic level
- Sense of urgency, curiosity, assertiveness, and a great communication skills
- Experience working in both enterprise and mid-size organizations and is ready to bring the best and most applicable ideas to us
- The ability to execute thought-out plan end-to-end
- Challenges status-quo, leading and contributing to improvements
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowess and we strive to create a work environment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.