Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Sonar’s industry leading solution solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code, equipping developers and organizations to reach a problem-free state in their codebase with Clean Code. Through its unique Clean as You Code methodology, the organization has empowered 7 million developers and 400,000 organizations across the globe to systematically deliver better software.
SonarSource provides a series of products to help engineers eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities, and champion quality code in the software development process. Our products are already the standard products that extend Github, Bitbucket, and Azure DevOps. Our goal is to make these products the ultimate automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code. This means managing a set of complex code delivery pipelines using next-generation tooling that implement robust security processes, scales, is fully automated, and provides data that enables us to ensure we continuously improve the service quality to our internal engineering teams. To achieve this goal, we are looking for a talented Release Engineer - you! - to join the SonarSource team.
Your mindset and skills
You have solid experience in advanced DevOps discipline, have implemented security-tested pipelines across infrastructure and applications, ensuring robust security practices are implemented and adhered to. You understand the engineers’ perspective in supporting customer-facing production services and their needs for automation of builds and deployments, be that of application or infrastructure code. You have a development background and believe in having Dev and Ops profiles (and more!) working together as a tightly-knit team. You are motivated by both technical and functional aspects of services. Your motto is “Anything that needs to be done twice should be automated”. You challenge the status quo. You are pragmatic and strive for continuous improvement through small increments. You demonstrate a scientific approach to systems management through observation, analysis, testing, and automation. You are a friendly, enthusiastic, and organized team player. You actively share your knowledge, give and receive feedback, to improve the team and yourself. You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
The impact you can have
The Release engineering team is composed of passionate engineers who are fully engaged in delivering the best products that help development teams deliver their clean and safe infrastructure and software code. We want to bring release engineering to the next level. You will be the one pushing forward our design for a next-gen pipeline to support our delivery capability in infrastructure, software, and packaging delivery across our products, internal tools, and customer-facing websites. This includes the review and selection of tools where changes are needed to achieve our objectives.
As a Release Engineer, you will
- Support the development teams in designing end-to-end pipelines for software and infrastructure deployment across their needs.
- Implement and maintain the pipelines in terms of upgrades of software components or adjustments based on needs.
- Secure the supply chain (infrastructure, code repositories, artifact storage).
- Work towards a recurring rebuild of the pipeline itself to ensure that configuration drift is reduced.
- Collaborate with teams to help generalize standards to simplify management and avoid specializations where they can be avoided
- Collaborate with infrastructure to ensure requirements for underlying computing, storage, and networking are scalable
- Own the tools involved in the pipelines.
- Active dedication to the autonomy of the development teams and their appropriation of the means made available to them through automation and self-service.
- Leverage SaaS where we can whilst ensuring robust security engineering.
The technical skills you will demonstrate
- Good knowledge of Java, Python or Shell scripting (Bash); other languages like JS are a plus
- Knowledge of AWS; other cloud providers is a plus
- Knowledge of HashiCorp Terraform and AWS CDKAgile software development
- Good knowledge of CI/CD conceptsComfortable with Git and GitHubKnowledge of container technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, EKS
- Knowledge of build tools, like Maven, Gradle, MSBuild, NPM, YarnBonus: HashiCorp Vault, JFrog Artifactory, Datadog, Cirrus CI, and Sonar products
The skills you will demonstrate
- Highly autonomous and pragmatic
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to receive feedback
- Leadership: you take initiative and demonstrate your ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Ability to lead change of infrastructure and work with developers
- Valuing “done” over “perfect”
Words from the team
Our team is made of 7 passionate teammates making sure our service provides the features engineers need for both application and infrastructure delivery, be that to our cloud product (SonarCloud), packaged products such as SonarQube, or SonarLint and our customer-facing sites and our internal tooling capabilities. We use Cloud Service Providers to achieve our objectives and in many cases leverage SaaS best-of-breed solutions.
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowess and we strive to create a work environment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.