Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Sonar’s industry leading solution solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code, equipping developers and organizations to reach a problem-free state in their codebase with Clean Code. Through its unique Clean as You Code methodology, the organization has empowered 7 million developers and 400,000 organizations across the globe to systematically deliver better software.
The impact you will have
SonarSource’s IT Operations team is looking for a HelpDesk Engineer to provide support to our growing number of users. We have an exciting internal technology environment using the latest technologies to help us provide service excellence to our internal users. Our mission statement is “Support and Scaling our business by providing a stable, secure, and frictionless technology environment”. Our users know us by name and the team has a daily personal contact experience with SonarSourcers, which makes for a rewarding experience as we help our users accomplish their work and reduce friction.
As a HelpDesk Level 1 Engineer at SonarSource, you provide an IT Environment to our colleagues that allows them to operate in an efficient manner. Your expertise will help deploy hardware and software to users, support their usage, and resolve issues. You are keen to work with many people in a multicultural environment, continuously learning and growing your skills. You understand the standard ITIL support model structure and also want to work in an environment where we are flexible and focus on helping and delivering.
On a daily basis, you will
- Operate Sonar IT systems in compliance with ISO 27001 and ITIL standards
- Handle/Manage tickets (Incidents + Request for services) coming to the L1 queue (ServiceNow) and work with L2 to get support if needed, on the following 3x OS (Windows, MacOS, and Linux)
- Understand an IDP and how to provision users, devices, and rollout software based on profiles
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve incidents + promoting potential incidents to problem records, and coordinating the identification of the root causes
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Plan activities based on task priorities documented in Jira and ServiceNow
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Take initiative to improve company infrastructure platforms toward operational excellence
- Provide assistance to our users, troubleshoot their issues as well, and onboard new joiners
- Working with the incident mgmt team, resolve incidents and address root causes
- Maintain stock levels of IT equipment with our purchasing team
- Maintain relevant access level controls for users adhering to the least privilege principle
- Roll out and replace end-user computer equipment
- Provide support during the company’s regular events
The skills you will demonstrate
- Good knowledge of systems, networking software, and networking protocols
- Expert knowledge of Windows OS and MacOS (mandatory)
- Good knowledge of other platforms: Linux Ubuntu
- Experience in onboarding new joiners
- Knowledge of network infrastructure
- Be conscious of the security challenges
- Ability to work in sync with teams across the world
- Rigor in the execution of processes
- Ability to dive into complex technical problems and develop smart solutions
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Open-minded with a positive, can-do attitude
- Highly autonomous, pragmatic, and organized
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- You prefer to work in a team, sharing information, and ideas and understanding the power of collective thinking to get the best solutions
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to receive and give feedback to improve the team and yourself
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowess and we strive to create a work environment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.