Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Sonar’s industry leading solution solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code, equipping developers and organizations to reach a problem-free state in their codebase with Clean Code. Through its unique Clean as You Code methodology, the organization has empowered 7 million developers and 400,000 organizations across the globe to systematically deliver better software.
The impact you will have
The Sonar Sales Engineering team is dedicated to helping our prospective customers achieve technical success with our products. This is your chance to join a growing team as we scale up our efforts to have maximum impact on our targeted customer base.
As a Sales Engineer at SonarSource, you’ll play a central role in providing deep technical expertise to our prospects and supporting them in evaluating our solution. The SE team works as part of the Sales process and also engages with Marketing, Product Management, and Development teams to provide feedback on our products' evolution and messaging.
On a daily basis, you will
- Help prospective customers understand how our Clean as You Code approach fits within their software development life cycle
- Drive technical aspects of pre-sales business opportunities by doing technical presentations and demonstrations and supporting product evaluations
- Advise customers on the best alignment of the Sonar solution with their favored deployment strategy
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems encountered by prospective customers evaluating our products
- Go beyond the sale to ensure successful product adoption and growth following purchase, working with our Customer Success and Support teams
- Help existing customers understand the additional capabilities of advanced product editions
- Provide technical enablement to channel partners to raise their level of service
The skills you will demonstrate
- Proven practical experience (5years+) in software development or DevOps engineering which sets the stage for understanding our products and how they’re enjoyed by users
- Excellent presentation skills
- Working knowledge of both local and cloud-based software deployment platforms and technologies, including Linux, Windows, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure
- Enjoy delivering compelling, unique demonstrations that help people understand software solutions
- Ability to dive into complex technical problems, perform troubleshooting, develop solutions, and articulate them in verbal and written form
- Proven ability to work in a team, receiving and giving feedback as well as sharing knowledge
- A can-do attitude: challenging the status quo, leading and contributing to key improvements and innovations
- Business-level proficiency in verbal and written communication in both English and Mandarin Chinese
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowess and we strive to create a work environment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.