Technical Solutions Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, IT
Posted on Friday, June 30, 2023
Sonar’s industry leading solution solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code, equipping developers and organizations to reach a problem-free state in their codebase with Clean Code. Through its unique Clean as You Code methodology, the organization has empowered 7 million developers and 400,000 organizations across the globe to systematically deliver better software.
You will join a medium sized diverse team with plenty of opportunities to learn new technologies, develop new skills, and work in a highly collaborative and feedback-based environment.
The role involves owning and driving strategic go-to-market initiatives with select partners in the DevOps ecosystem. Identifying, prioritizing, engaging, and launching co-marketing and other programs is core to this function. You’ll work closely with product management, sales, services, demand generation, and other cross-functional teams to plan and execute programs while continually optimizing based on ecosystem needs and market feedback.
The impact you will have
The Solution Marketing function is very strategic to the company’s growth, and you will be at the center of it all. As the Solution Marketing manager, you will join a passionate and diverse squad to help us grow product marketing. We aim to empower the entire company to build an authentic brand and talk about our products in the most impactful way. As part of a team-based organization, your contributions will significantly impact the growth of our business via Sonar’s “collective intelligence” mindset.
On a daily basis, you will
- Define and own strategic plans for building Sonar’s leadership in the partner ecosystem through go-to-market (GTM) engagements with targeted players in the DevOps ecosystem.
- Develop new strategic partnerships with the partner ecosystem.
- Define and execute joint market programs with the DevOps and other parts of the developer toolchain ecosystem.
- Partner with Product Management to define and execute the necessary product-level integrations for joint solution development and marketing.
- Participate in strategic planning and execution of our go-to-market initiatives around ecosystem partnerships.
- Be the partner solution expert, understand the beneficiaries of the joint proposition, and accurately convey value messages to all stakeholders.
- Develop clear and compelling positioning and messaging for relevant ecosystem domains and articulate the value propositions to our target audience.
- Deliver impactful technical talks at conferences, partner events, and webinars.
- Work closely with other Marketing team members to develop and coordinate programs and campaigns through new and existing channels to create awareness and drive adoption of the solutions.
- Craft impactful stories and create developer-focused content (e.g., blog posts, product announcements, web content, webinars, videos, etc.) that contribute to go-to-market objectives and campaigns.
- Be a strong influencer and orchestrator to align SonarSource & partner resources for business impact.
The skills you will demonstrate
- 5+ years of direct Product Management and Product Marketing experience in the Developer tools or DevOps space.
- Strategic mindset to identify and prioritize specific players in the DevOps ecosystem to develop mutually beneficial go-to-market programs.
- Past experience with targeting, engaging, and developing partnerships with core strength in messaging and collateral development.
- Deep technical understanding and passion for software products and the underlying technology. Hands-on manager with the ability to build and deliver compelling solution demonstrations. Extensive experience in programming and DevOps and engaging in technical discussions with developers.
- Adaptability and flexibility working in a dynamic space with Agile principles.A hunger to learn new technologies, develop new skills, and work in a highly collaborative and feedback-based environment.
- Team player with a can-do attitude who believes in sharing knowledge and making the team better
- Exceptional communication skills with fluency in English, both written and spoken.
Why you will love it here
• We value a safe work culture - founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• We hire great people - we value communication skills as much as technical prowes and we strive to create a work enviornment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar. This is reflected in our hybrid work policy (2-3 days/week in the office).
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• We promote continuous learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
If you want to learn more about our culture, check out our blog post.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.