Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 30 programming languages. Trusted by more than 400,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
Do you want to sell a great product that customers use and love? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company and work with an amazing team? Can you work independently and also help build a great culture? At SonarSource we are experiencing huge growth and are looking to expand. Located at our headquarters in Geneva, there is a great opportunity to experience personal and professional growth as we scale the business. Are you ready to join?
The impact you can have
Use your problem-solving abilities and customer focus to help us evangelize the code quality and code security management philosophy that over 400,000 organizations have already chosen to adopt. You will use your leadership skills to help our team grow and achieve our goals. This happens with daily interaction, coaching, and mentoring the members of the sales team. You will also work across our organization with various teams to remove friction and ensure alignment. You will also have the real ability to directly impact the direction and processes of the Sales Team and organization as we grow.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Lead and manage a Sales team towards effective goal and quota attainment
- Monitor, manage and report on the KPI’s of the business for your team, and individuals
- Host weekly 1:1’s for team members to do deal reviews and coaching, as well as pipeline and sales process reviews
- Maximise the Sales team’s efforts by coaching, training, and mentoring each team member to their fullest potential
- Provide support and direction for the individual's sales efforts by strategising in their territory and supporting them in closing deals
- Act as an escalation point for key customer accounts, creating executive alignment
- Work with the leadership team to create strategies and processes for driving new business
- Drive hiring and personnel management for the team
- Support the onboarding process of new team members and consistent learning inside the team
- Pro-actively engage in building, growing, and sharing sales team best practices
- Utilise Salesforce.com to set activity and accurately forecast opportunity pipeline
The skills you will demonstrate
- 2+ years of proven Sales Leadership experience
- 3+ years of proven successful experience in a technology software B2B sales role; ideally in a SaaS or subscription model
- Proven leadership and team-building skills, passionate about helping people grow
- Strong strategic selling skills – assessing problems, prioritising sales efforts, taking focused action
- Strong communications and listening skills
- Experience in deploying and managing through specific sales methodologies
- Strong experience with Salesforce.com
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Why you will love it here
• Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
• Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
See more open positions at SonarSource
Something looks off?