Director of Growth Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 30 programming languages. Trusted by more than 400,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
This role is the owner of overall KPIs, processes, infrastructure, and team driving growth for the zero touch online business including SonarCloud as well as future e-commerce offerings. The ideal candidate will operate from a rich experience of successfully building and scaling online B2B and/or B2C businesses.
On a daily basis, you will
- Develop and own the growth charter. Focus on breaking down the nuances of the customer journey using analytics frameworks and iterative testing to optimize acquisition and engagement, This includes customer lifecycles that are highly non-linear and involve touch-points across marketing channels and in-product beviors
- Build and manage high-performing, metrics-driven, online customer acquisition, retention, and expansion programs. Build a growth roadmap
- Drive end-to-end full funnel e-commerce self-service experience
- Lead, develop, and execute multi-channel campaigns that leverage digital channels including content marketing, website, SEO, paid media, email nurtures, and in-product promotions to drive interest, engagement, and conversion
- Assess, select, and implement marketing technology solutions to optimize the effectiveness of digital marketing programs
- Own and execute the end-to-end strategy for online conversion, including budgeting, forecasting, channel mix, and measurement
- Monitor and analyze performance across digital channels against the demand generation goals. Continually make and implement changes for optimization and profitable growth. Communicate regularly with senior leadership on performance results and course corrections being taken
- Partner closely with the Product Management, Product Marketing, Developer Relations, Events, Campaigns, RevOps, and Marketing Operations teams to ensure alignment of the goals and continued progress
- Define, monitor and deliver on key KPIs including new trials, new customers, customer retention, churn, engagement, CAC, LTV, ROI, etc
The skills you will demonstrate
- 10+ years of online marketing experience driving self-service business models at platform companies building engagement and peer-to-peer user growth. Exposure and familiarity with freemium / subscription models seeking to convert and monetize free users via messaging, offers, and product tactics
- Growth marketing leadership roles at B2B SaaS and/or B2C eCommerce companies
- Experience scaling online ARR from $10s to $100s million
- A data-driven mindset and approach to marketing KPIs and metrics that drive effectiveness and performance across the customer lifecycle
- Proven track record driving successful digital demand generation programs with a breadth of knowledge from segmentation, reporting & analysis, and regulations such as data privacy
- Successful track record conducting integrated campaigns across a variety of channels, including SEO, SEM, content marketing, paid media, email, and virtual events
- Exceptional level of resourcefulness to influence and collaborate with both internal and external team members and agency partners
Why you will love it here
• Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
• Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
• Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
• Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
• Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
See more open positions at SonarSource
Something looks off?