New Business Specialist, Annuities
Signal Advisors is on a mission to solve the retirement crisis. 69% of Americans do not work with a financial advisor today and only a quarter of Americans have a financial plan. Our team is reimagining a 60-year old industry—bringing new technologies, comprehensive services, and an inspired vision to financial advisors. Supported by our incredible investors, we’ve grown from a small Detroit-based team in 2020 to over 120 team members distributed across the country.
We are: Empowering Leaders. Client Advocates. Entrepreneurial Champions.
Our team is a blend of industry experts and technologists building a better business, together. We’re in it for the long haul. Are you looking to be part of a dedicated, distributed team where you can architect your impact and shape the company’s vision? Join us at Signal!
NEW BUSINESS SPECIALIST, ANNUITIES
At Signal Advisors, New Business Specialists are the main point of contact for advisors submitting new annuities business through our platform. Managing the new business process and the transfer of funds for our advisors and their clients, is at the core of Signal Advisors’ business. You will work with insurance carriers, ceding institutions, and other business partners to make Signal’s new business process the best in the industry.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Be the primary owner for resolving any open issues related to a submitted application from the time the case is submitted to the point the case is issued
- Review / input applications and transfer requests submitted by advisors
- Confirm that applications have been submitted properly and are in good order prior to final submission to the carrier
- Communicate with carriers and ceding institutions to monitor and expedite the application process
- Maintain application records and statuses in Signal Advisors internal systems
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the annuity industry including product knowledge, industry trends, compliance issues, etc
- Develop relationships with key administrative and office support staff to facilitate proper business flow between various business units as well as third party administrators
- Continuously find ways to improve business processes and new business functions
- Understand the application process and be able to walk the advisor through form completion or questions
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN TEAM MEMBERS
You’re someone that geeks out on processes and is a sucker for making sure things stay on track. The goal is to be meticulous enough for quality output but not meticulous to the point of indecision.
Our teams at Signal are small but mighty—we expect team members to work independently, grab the jump ball, and get it past the finish line. Receiving & giving feedback is crucial to accountability. You should be someone that’s comfortable with a culture of continuous feedback.
💁 Customer Centric
You’re obsessed with creating an unparalleled customer experience. You lead with compassion, anticipate customer needs and wants, and bring ease and calm to all interactions—knowing every customer interaction is an opportunity to amaze.
🤔 Problem Solver
Working at a startup is rife with challenges. These challenges invigorate you! When you come up against friction or roadblocks, you demonstrate excellent problem solving skills—exploring creative solutions and taking ownership to keep moving forward.
You understand how to collaborate with a variety of different people and roles, and you celebrate opportunities to reach out and work together cross-functionally and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- At least 2 years of Annuity specific New Business related experience
WHAT WE VALUE @ SIGNAL
🌔 We’re obsessed with finding a better way. Never settle for less.
💯 We own it. Taking things from 0 to 1, and then from 1 to 100.
🪄 We amaze every client, every time. A great company is built one client at a time.
🏃 We act with a sense of urgency. We use our best judgment to act urgently on the right things at the right time.
👀 We raise our level of awareness. Everything starts with awareness. We’re curious and alert to what is happening around us.
🏈 We find inches everywhere around us. There are thousands of opportunities to make an impact. We take those opportunities and act.
🧭 We do the right thing. Sticking to the highest standard of integrity is not optional.
💪 We have strong opinions, loosely held. It’s not about WHO is right, it’s about WHAT is right.
❓ Simplicity is Genius. Simplicity doesn’t just clarify; it makes things better for everyone. It’s that simple.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The US base salary for this full-time position is determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data.
In addition to salary, our team members benefits include:
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage
- FSA or HSA-eligible health plans
- 3% 401k company contribution with no vesting period
- Parental leave: 16 weeks for birthing parents & 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Learning & Development stipend
- Wellness Programs
- Unlimited vacation with 3 week minimum
- 10 company-wide holidays
- $500 for your home office setup
- Remote-first company with no in-person requirement
- Annual all-company retreat
- Competitive equity package based on on role and level
Our company is committed to building a team that represents the many dimensions of diversity. We know underrepresented groups have been systematically excluded from certain spaces, and we strongly encourage you to apply in honor of the background and identities you embody, including location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as just the start of the conversation. Take the leap — you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t fully match the job description.