Comptable bilingue - mid level
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 50 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
Reporting directly to the Senior Accounting Manager, we are looking for a reliable Accountant with a strong appeal for an international scope and a genuine team-oriented mindset.
Your main role will consist of translating into accounting all the management acts for Shift and its subsidiaries, always coordinating with local accounting firms when necessary.
Over time, your autonomy and effectiveness should allow this position to evolve into broader missions such as managing reviews or managing the accounting of a given subsidiary on your own.
- Ensure the follow-up of general and analytical accounting (bookkeeping of accounting documents, manage payments, provisions, follow-up suppliers and clients accounts)
- Guarantee the reliability of the accounting documents to be drawn up and respect the closing deadlines
- Maintain and update the closing file and the master file (work folders)
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and justify variances
- Manage monthly and annual provisions (cut-off)
- Follow-up of intergroup accounts - management of invoicing and reciprocal accounts (internal training possible)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience. Significant tenure in an Accounting firm is a plus
- Fluency in English is mandatory - experience in a foreign country is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong organisational skills
- Autonomy, rigor, and curiosity
- Reliability and ability to follow guidelines
- Discretion and sense of confidentiality
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills to manage internal and external relationships
- Familiarity with NetSuite is a plus
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.