QA Engineer (Graduate Studies)
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 50 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
As a member of Shift Technology’s QA team, part of the greater tech team, you will be working on the whole QA process implementation on the Shift Technical platform (the core of all our products!).
More specifically in this role you will:
- Understand our clients need and establish the relevant test strategy to ensure that the product will fit
- Be part of a developers team in Agile cycle to test new features and ensure the quality of the product: Analyse test results and coordinate with development teams for bug fixes.
- Identify and implement automated tests with development teams in Agile cycle
- Identify and implement automated tests in the QA validation phase
- Identify and setup automation frameworks for new type of tests
- Create and lead comprehensive test campaigns on your product
- Communicate with different teams (Developers, Data Scientists, Product Owners)
- Participate to comprehensive test campaigns on different products
- Drive and help to establish best practices and testing processes by promoting the “test culture” inside the company
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Min. Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent experience is required
- You have completed an apprenticeship or internship experience in QA and test automation
- You are ISTQB foundation certified
- Programming or Scripting experience (ie: Web UI, API, Data Pipelines)
- Familiarity with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution, test case management tools
- Ability to identify and clearly document issues for resolution
- Nice to have experience with at least one of UI tests, backend tests, API tests, performance tests, stress tests and Automation
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standard
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Excellent communication and working proficiency in English and in French
Phone Screening ( 30 min.)
Interview with QA Engineer (1 hour)
Interview with Dev Team Lead (30-45min)
Interview with Hiring Manager (1 Hour)
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.