Product Marketing Manager
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 50 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
As a Product Marketing Manager at Shift, you will own the go-to-market plan and product positioning for Shift’s AI-powered products, which are helping to transform the insurance decision-making experience. At Shift, Product Marketing plays an instrumental role in defining the go-to-market strategy and driving growth for our products. The role is responsible for developing and communicating this story to both internal and external audiences to fuel awareness, understanding and demand.
You will develop a deep understanding of the insurance market landscape, product offerings, and coordinate across product, sales and marketing to ensure that Shift’s go-to-market teams have the knowledge and tools required to build pipeline, convert leads into opportunities, and win customers.
We will consider candidates based in Boston and the U.S. Northeast Region
- Own go-to-market strategy for new Shift AI-powered products
- Drive ongoing awareness building, growth and adoption of the products; including acquisition, cross-sell, and retention strategies
- Build relevant thought leadership content for buyer roles (e.g. white papers, brochures, social media, Web pages, online events)
- Build differentiated positioning, messaging and value propositions
- Support sales enablement with content such as playbooks, presentations, battlecards, scripts, training
- Conduct product specific market validation including message testing, win-loss analysis, pricing and packaging strategies
- Gather voice of customer to gain deep understanding of our customers and product feedback loops for both product and marketing teams
- Perform competitive analysis and deliver competitive intelligence to the field
- Coordinate closely with Product Management to develop and manage market-facing product roadmaps
- Act as subject matter expert to sales, campaign/field marketing, and other Go-to-market functions
- 7+ years of successful product marketing/product management experience in a B2B SaaS company
- Highly agile, ability to adapt in a fast paced environment with new and emerging products
- Growth minded – ability to analyze sales pipeline to detect and fix issues in the marketing and sales process
- Able to effectively partner with product management to understand product strategy and technical features
- Strong collaborator with field marketing, sales enablement, and creative teams to produce compelling content and campaign support
- Excellent communication skills, including oral written, and non-verbal; you know how to make complex things seem simple
- Strong storyteller, with proven writing and presentation building skills - willing to sweat the details to get the messaging and positioning right
- Strong project management; able to organize, plan, prioritize, and meet product marketing deadlines
- Experience working with CRM, Marketing Automation and Sales Enablement systems such as Highspot, Seismic, Salesforce, Hubspot, Allocadia, etc.
- Knowledge of the insurance / financial services industry is preferred
- Knowledge of the AI/analytics space is preferred
- Based in the US (Boston Preferred)
- BA/BS/MBA/Equivalent Experience
The range listed is for base compensation. Your actual base salary will vary based on factors including location and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process.
In addition to base salary, your total rewards package will include additional components such as incentive pay, equity, and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the specific details for this position.
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.