Data Scientist / Engineer
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 50 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
About the Team
- This role is part of our Data Science team which is the largest team in our organization consisting of over 140+ Data Scientists throughout the world.
- Our Data Scientists work in a full lifecycle role and on a broad range of subjects acquiring extensive technical and professional experience in data science, data engineering, coding, business understanding and client engagement.
- Our company is small enough that each person’s achievements has an impact on our overall performance, yet big enough to be a world leader and innovator in our domain.
- As a member of the data science team, you will be working alongside our technical experts and your role will be key to rolling out our enterprise level solutions to our clients.
- Your role will be to actively contribute to the US Healthcare roadmap and clients, and working on various data types such as structured data, free text, documents and images.
- Implementation of the data engineering, usually from client extracts to the insertion of the data in our data stores (SQL, ElasticSearch)
- Developing, testing, tuning models and putting them in production for tasks such as fraud detection and automation detection in complex environments.
- Automate key business tasks by implementing them in our production process framework in C#
- Conduct meetings with clients and interact with external stakeholders, whether it is for direct user feedback, presenting business cases or defining the roadmap of evolutions
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for candidates with 1-2 years of experience with diverse skills to help us build excellent technology solutions for our clients and be proficient in the following skills:
- Code-savvy, either by having a degree in computer science and/or having developed some apps with actual users- writing scripts for models and notebooks is not enough at Shift, we thrive on people who can write maintainable, production-quality code that will run everyday without breaking.
- AI-savvy, either by having a degree in machine learning and/or statistics. Having a clear understanding of statistics and machine learning problems, tasks and common resolutions is important to communicate internally and explain to the client how the product is working.
- Client facing. You will need to be comfortable and open to communicating to our clients on a regular basis
- Business smart. We don’t expect candidates to know the insurance sector, but we want applicants who are interested in learning and mastering the business aspects of our products
The range listed is for base compensation. Your actual base salary will vary based on factors including location and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process.
In addition to base salary, your total rewards package will include additional components such as incentive pay, equity, and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the specific details for this position.
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.