Managing Director, Japan
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 50 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
We’re looking for a Head of Sales in Japan who has an established record of leadership and revenue generation with a deep interest in Digital Technology & Transformation. We are looking for business leaders who have experience across Insurance but recognize new ways are needed to improve how things happen across the ecosystem. Extensive high-level consulting background would be ideal.
You are passionate about working with clients, developing relationships externally and internally, are proficient in public speaking and able to engage with our clients in Japan to provide solutions to their problems. You will have the chance to work with some of the brightest professionals and get to build a strong winning culture.
- Build, grow and manage Shift's client relationships to drive results
- Lead cross-functional teams to solve customer problems and deliver enterprise value while owning Shift's strategic plan, including internal initiatives around product, marketing, sales enablement, services, and support
- Build a governance model, including goals/metrics which will inform investment decisions
- Build Go-to-Market programs and create joint field engagement strategies with Global & Regional Systems Integrators joint to create market differentiation, sales opportunities and incremental value for all parties
- Build and leverage executive level relationships with Tier-1, 2 accounts to accelerate growth
- Act as single point of contact between the Shift's field teams on existing pipeline and future account opportunities
- Meet/exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets, as assigned by the Company
- Strong track record of results delivering financial impacts by leveraging distinctive consulting, sales, deal structuring, and general management capabilities
- Solid experience in high-level consulting, ideally with insurance and other financial institutions
- A genuine interest in the modern data stack and cloud ecosystem
- Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives and team members
- A talent for contextualizing the value of a partnership to executives, exciting managers about the value you will bring to their team
- A strength for working cross-functionally within an organization
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.