Head of Sales, North America P&C
Did you know that about 10% of all insurance payouts are flowing directly into the pockets of fraudsters? The future of insurance starts with Decisions Made Better.
Shift Technology harnesses the power of AI to enable the world’s leading insurance organizations to make better decisions. Our products automate and optimize decisions from underwriting to claims, resulting in increased operational efficiency, reduced costs, and superior customer experiences for millions of people around the globe.
Our culture is built on innovation, trust, and a drive to transform the insurance industry by imagining and innovating solutions that impact insurers and their customers - like you! We come from more than 40 different countries and cultures and together we are creating the future of insurance.
The North American business is expanding quickly, with a culture that is rooted in high performance, results driven and collaboration. We have high expectations and celebrate our wins, recognizing that success comes from planning, hard work and delivering real value to our customers.
About the opportunity
Shift Technology is seeking a Head of Sales, P&C (North America) who will lead a team focused on revenue retention, cross sell and new sales to achieve its strategic growth objectives. This leader will oversee all sales and account management activities for North America, Property & Casualty. The ideal leader will bring experience in vertical software sales, relationships with North America, Property & Casualty C-Level Contacts, a proven track record of success in enterprise software, and ability to be strategic as well as hands on coaching/developing the team.
- 7-10+ years of sales leadership and key account experience, including a track record of success in large, complex sales.
- History of successfully building sales plans to reach revenue targets.
- Experience building growth in new markets or with new products
- In depth experience managing sales within Insurance vertical.
- A proven track record and demonstrated success in leading teams selling enterprise-class SaaS solutions into Fortune 500 accounts.
- Depth of experience selling into the C-suite.
- Deep understanding of sales processes and execution (customer journey, sales process, customer decision-making process, etc.).
- Hands-on management experience; capable of staffing, managing, mentoring, and driving a highly motivated and productive sales organization.
- Ability to identify and analyse new market opportunities.
- Focus on collaboration with all areas of the business including Marketing, Enablement, and Business Development, to develop growth plans and sales strategies.
- High level of energy, drive and resourcefulness with the ability to work in a fast-moving technology environment.
- Comfort level teaming with peers effectively in a global business environment.
- This role reports directly to the Head of Global Markets and Customer Success
- Number of Direct Reports: 8 – 10
- Remote or Hybrid location: US based
- Travel: Medium, as needed
To support our employees at every stage of their careers and lives, we provide a competitive total rewards and benefits package. Here are the global benefits we’d like to highlight:
- Flexible remote and hybrid working options
- Competitive Salary and a variable component tied to personal and company performance
- Company equity
- Focus Fridays, a half-day each month to focus on learning and personal growth
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Mental health benefits
- 2 MAD Days per year (Make A Difference Days for paid volunteering)
Additional benefits may be offered by country - ask your recruiter for more information.
At Shift we strive to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. We hire and trust people without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other non-merit criteria.
Shift Technology is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our application and employment process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Shift Technology does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to the Shift Technology Careers page or a Shift Technology social media post. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Shift Technology.