Chief of Staff
People & HR, Operations
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Sesame is the home for Americans who have been priced out of the traditional healthcare system. Whether they are burdened by high-deductible insurance or uninsured, the Sesame marketplace brings millions of Americans access to the healthcare they need at a fraction of the typical price.
Customers on our platform love that they can get high-quality care quickly and easily for a fair price. Doctors and providers on our platform share our vision for giving people a better way to get the care they need without the stress, frustrations, and financial challenges of the current healthcare system.
We have raised $75 million in capital from leading investors including GV and General Catalyst, and we continue to invest in scaling our marketplace!
As the Chief of Staff, you will be a trusted partner to our CEO and play a critical role in the company's success. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing a wide range of initiatives, operations, and key projects across the organization. This role is ideal for a strategic thinker who can balance both the high-level vision and the operational execution required to drive the company's growth and success.
About the job
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the CEO and management team to help shape the company's strategic vision, objectives, and key initiatives. Provide critical input, analysis, and recommendations to drive informed decision-making.
- Leading and managing key projects and initiatives, ensuring that they are delivered on time and within budget. Develop and maintain project plans, track progress, and provide regular updates to the executive team.
- Collaborating with various departments and teams to streamline operations, improve efficiency, and drive cross-functional alignment. Foster a culture of collaboration and communication.
- Serving as a central point of contact and information flow between the CEO and the rest of the organization. Prepare and deliver executive-level presentations and reports as needed.
- Developing, monitoring, and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the company's progress toward strategic goals.
- Driving improvements in all company communications including to our board, shareholders, employees, and prospective partners.
- Undertaking special assignments and initiatives in collaboration with the CEO and management team to support the company's growth.
- Experience in a leadership role, ideally in a high-growth technology startup or a similarly dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships at various organizational levels.
- Exceptional project management capabilities, with a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time.
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Analytical mindset, with the ability to leverage data and insights to drive decision-making and optimize partnership performance.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and familiarity with telehealth or digital health platforms is a plus.
What we offer
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- A fun and international work environment with colleagues in New York, Europe, Miami, and Boston
- The chance to learn first-hand about the biggest industry in the world!
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company — we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.