Lead Product Designer
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Sesame is the home for Americans who have been priced out of the traditional healthcare system. Whether they are uninsured or burdened by high-deductible insurance, the Sesame marketplace brings millions of Americans access to the healthcare they need at a fraction of the typical price.
Customers on our platform love that they can get high-quality care quickly and easily for a fair price. We’re working with doctors who share our vision for giving people a better way to get the care they need without the stress, frustrations, and financial challenges of the current healthcare system.
We have raised $75 million in capital from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, and Industry Ventures, and we continue to invest in scaling our marketplace! As we continue to grow, we need to elevate our design function in the organization and we’re excited to welcome a Head of Product Design to lead the charge on creating a seamless, engaging user experience, and a world-class design function to match.
About the Role
As a Lead Product Designer at Sesame, you will play a pivotal role in shaping mission-critical experiences for consumers and healthcare providers across the Sesame platform. Reporting to the Head of Product Design, you will be a key influencer in our mobile offering, design strategy, process, and operations making a significant impact on multiple product offerings.
You will be responsible for producing end-to-end product design solutions, from user research and ideation to prototyping and pixel-perfect implementation. You will set the bar for design excellence, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, and Marketing. Your exceptional approach to user-centered design and your ability to translate complex problems into intuitive and elegant solutions will be essential in creating delightful experiences for our patients and healthcare providers.
You will also have the opportunity to mentor, foster growth and help develop skills and capabilities within the design team.
- Lead projects from ideation and conceptualization, transforming broad ideas into valuable and elegant solutions
- Champion the user by leading generative and evaluative user research that provides insightful and actionable findings
- Design simple and elegant flows from early-stage prototype, to pixel-perfect solutions
- Collaborate across the organization to iterate on existing solutions, optimize user journeys and experiences, and create new experiences that enhance our overall position in the market
- Ensure operational excellence by contributing to our cross-platform design system and overseeing seamless implementation of solutions
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across teams like product, engineering, and marketing
- Occasional travel (10%) may be required
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer working on released and iteratively improved products
- Extensive experience in designing native mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Extensive experience in end-to-end product, interaction, and visual design
- Extensive experience in generative and evaluative user research
- A balance of strong design and product sense with a data-driven approach to champion the user
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Experience facilitating design-thinking workshops with cross-functional teams and leadership
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and passionate about improving lives through healthcare
What we offer
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- A fun and international work environment with teams in the US and Europe
- The opportunity to work independently and remotely
- The chance to learn first-hand about the biggest industry in the world
Equal opportunity employer
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.