Staff Product Manager - Electric Vehicles and Sustainability
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
At Samsara, we provide our customers with an integrated platform to improve the Safety, Efficiency, and Sustainability of their fleets, and we aspire to be the partner of choice for our customers’ Sustainability goals in both the near- and long-term. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on, entrepreneurial Product Manager with a deep expertise in Sustainable Fleets and Electric Vehicles to articulate and execute on this vision. You will own a key part of the Samsara Telematics portfolio aimed at helping our customers transition to more efficient vehicles. This includes optimizing ICE vehicles in our customers’ fleets today by reducing fuel consumption and costs, preparing for the Electric or Alternative Fuel fleet of the future, and (for more advanced customers) operating EVs at scale.
The role will be fast-paced and highly cross-functional — one day you could be prototyping a new cable alongside our Hardware teams, the next you could be co-creating a UX flow with customers and our design team, and the next you could be forging a partnership with a growing global network of CPOs and eMSPs. If you’re excited about helping our customers translate acronyms to action and reduce their carbon footprint, this role is for you.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Create and execute a compelling vision for Samsara’s EV offering, working with our Design & Engineering teams to bring it to life, defining success criteria & stage-gates, and ensuring on-time delivery to customers.
- Define product requirements for user-facing capabilities and serve as the ‘voice of the customer’ in trade-off discussions & decision-making forums. Obsess over the end-to-end customer journey to create experiences that delight our customers.
- Build out a network of global partners across the EV customer journey, identifying innovative players in the space and shepherding partnership agreements to market.
- Guide your products through Beta, Early Access, and GA stages, setting clear success criteria and stage-gates for each leg of the journey, determining willingness to pay as well as pricing and packaging, ultimately preparing your product for market success and the high bar we have for our customers.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles — Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 7-10+ years in a software product management role, with at least some experience in an ‘entrepreneurial’ product role building a new, revenue generating product or service offering from scratch.
- Deep experience in Electric Vehicles and/or Electric Fleets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers, internal audiences, executives, etc. Should also feel very comfortable writing clear and concise strategy documents that will be reviewed at all levels of the organization.
- Strong technical understanding; Ability to grasp technical concepts and quickly establish credibility with engineers.
- Bias-to-action and a proven track-record of delivering outstanding results for customers & the business on tight timelines. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty writing product specs and jumping on calls to support the sales team.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please be aware that Samsara does not accept or assume responsibility for unsolicited resumes from agencies. We do not charge fees to applicants at any stage of the hiring process. Official communication about your application will only come from emails ending in '@Samsara.com' or '@us-greenhouse-mail.io'.