People Programs Specialist
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
The People Experience Programs team is devoted to supporting employee programs including new hire onboarding, learning and development, performance management, and engagement surveys. This role will partner closely with various members of the People team to help keep Samsarians developing and engaged. We are looking for analytical thinkers who are passionate about data, reporting, systems, customer service, details, learning, connection, and employee experience.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
Data, Analytics, and Systems Support
- Pull people metrics from team-managed systems including those supporting performance management, employee listening, learning and development, and mentorship.
- Provide analysis, create and pull reports, and update and review slides.
- Support daily management of team-managed systems (system access permissions, cycle creation, training scheduling, stakeholder enablement, etc.).
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the employment lifecycle and the business to understand and report on holistic data patterns to support People Experience Programs. Develop focused and compelling People metrics that help us measure what matters.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends in standard and ad hoc reports to support decisions.
- Identify opportunities for new solutions, such as templates or dashboards to solve recurring business needs.
- Be a subject matter expert on our programs’ underlying data and systems.
Onboarding, Learning, and Enablement Support
- Support Day 1 Onboarding Program facilitation on a recurring basis.
- Work with our Onboarding Team to create meaningful connection touchpoints with our new hire population.
- Book and set up training courses/sessions in our Learning Management System (LMS).
- Help run and submit reports on learning activities (attendance, smart groups, etc).
- Manage team building budget and support internal + larger People Team with regular connection cadence.
- Own global gift card distribution program, including granting permissions to employees.
- Support recognition programming year-round.
- Ad hoc support to help enable our global clubs and communities.
Program Management & General Support
- Create, update, and maintain evergreen enablement materials, such as guides, toolkits, FAQs, etc.
- Optimize data, documentation, and organization for our programs via Google Workspace.
- Manage schedules and documentation
- Support team with expense management duties in ZIP.
- Address employee and stakeholder requests relating to our team’s programs and systems.
- Resolve systems and process issues as they arise.
- Participate in feedback loops on all programs.
- Be flexible and support other activities as needed.
- Promote inclusive, fair, and sustainable practices in every part of the employee lifecycle.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s values (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team).
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2+ years of experience working in a fast-paced organization (preferably a growing business in the tech industry) with quickly changing business needs.
- Experience as a Data Analyst, Consultant, Learning Administrator, HR Assistant, People Ops or People Experience Coordinator, or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Outstanding verbal and written English. Comfortable with public speaking in English.
- Working knowledge of databases, Workday, and Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Experience using survey tools (e.g., SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, etc).
- Proficiency in Google Workspace products and an ability to synthesize data using spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets, etc); experience with sourcing data from multiple systems, analyzing it, and communicating findings.
- Problem-solving, customer service, and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to multitask, stay flexible, and navigate ambiguity.
- Experience supporting and interest in facilitating virtual events and programs.
- Discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Team player mentality. Ability to function autonomously as part of a globally distributed team.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience using performance management tools like Lattice, employee survey tools like Peakon, and/or project management tools like Jira.
- Additional educational experiences and job-related skills or certifications.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.msara will only contact you via @Samsara.com or @us-greenhouse-mail.io regarding your application.Sa