Director, GTM Data Governance Strategy
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
The Director, GTM Data Governance Strategy will build and lead large-scale, transformational projects supporting the integrity and availability of critical data for the Sales organization. This role requires a passion for building data governance strategy and process. Successful candidates have a strong analytical business acumen, a curiosity to improve operations, and a demonstrated ability to build strong cross-functional alignment.
We are looking for candidates who will champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
In this role, you will:
- Build data governance strategy to measurably improve data accuracy and completeness to effectively improve how Samsara goes to market and services our prospects and customers
- Standardize data governance process by setting data quality standards, including mapping field structures and definitions
- Develop and scale standardized operating models to build best in class customer data, including publishing data governance scorecards and dashboards
- Collaborate with colleagues in Sales and other departments, such as Marketing, Finance, and Systems to drive data management prioritization
- Shape data strategy roadmap that leads to business value realization, including investment plan and business case development
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility in a Sales Operations or like function, ideally in a SaaS environment with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience
- Proven track record launching transformational, cross-functional projects that measurably increase team productivity and/or customer outcomes
- Ability to ramp up quickly on business priorities and derive insights from data to inform judgements
- Proven track record of building trust and communicating effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders: executives, functional leadership, frontline managers
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through issues
- Experience implementing a standardized prioritization process is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver Total Direct Compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is at or above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock unit awards (RSUs) for eligible roles. For eligible roles, a new hire RSU award may be awarded at the time of hire, and additional RSU refresh grants may be awarded annually.
We pay for performance, and top performers in eligible roles may receive above-market equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.msara will only contact you via @Samsara.com or @us-greenhouse-mail.io regarding your application.Sa