VP, Talent, Learning & Leadership
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We believe that our culture and talent are the secret ingredients that power Samsara’s success. We are looking for a dynamic leader to accelerate a growth and performance culture. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the VP of Talent, Learning & Leadership will design and lead the organization’s learning, development and performance management strategy and programmatic delivery. This leader will partner effectively with key business stakeholders and People Team partners to ensure success. The individual will build, inspire, and lead a high-performing People Experience Programs team, providing coaching and guidance as we scale this function to be an accelerator for top talent.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
- You have a builder mindset: You are a doer, starting with the end in mind, working backward from winning, and willing to roll up your sleeves and work alongside the team and our stakeholders to build something wow-worthy.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee the execution and evolution of our organization-wide talent management and planning processes, including our annual talent management process and our company-wide Quarterly Check-in coaching and feedback process.
- Instill a culture of formal and informal feedback and recognition across Samsara, where our team feels valued, motivated, and empowered to contribute their best work.
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high-performing team.
- Create a comprehensive multi-year learning and development strategy, informed by the organization’s business strategy, learning needs, and emerging technology and tools (e.g., the role of AI).
- Align with key business stakeholders to ensure “the right learning at the right time for the right employee” – focusing on the areas of highest importance to the organization.
- Partner with various aspects of the People function, including Total Rewards, People Partners, and DEI to build effective programs across the employee lifecycle.
- Translate strategy into actionable plans with clear priorities, roles and responsibilities, timelines, and measurable goals.
- Measure the impact of learning content, bringing data-driven, analytical rigor to the evaluation of content’s effectiveness and business impact.
- Develop and implement an Executive Leadership Development program that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative, best practices and policies that will scale to leaders at all levels.
- Spearhead the delivery of a company-wide cross-functional initiative on People and Culture, with a specific focus on leadership and the rollout of the Samsara Culture Playbook & Operating Principles.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s Operating Principles into the fabric of our business, partnering closely with related teams.
- Collaborate with executive leadership on VP+ organization design and succession planning, helping to strengthen and build out the leadership talent bench across the organization.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Proven experience (10+ years) in a leadership role focused on learning, development and/or enablement
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to partner closely with business leaders and translate requirements into an aligned and measurable learning and performance plan.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with key HR stakeholders to effectively deliver high-impact programs with tangible and measurable results for the business.
- Proven track record of implementing contemporary learning and performance management practices across a distributed environment.
- Experience analyzing workforce data; and applying data and analytics along with key performance metrics to influence and inform executive decision-making.
- Experience supporting/leading large-scale transformations and culture-building.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Preferred industry experience in high-growth technology companies.
- Consulting experience a plus
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver Total Direct Compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is at or above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock unit awards (RSUs) for eligible roles. For eligible roles, a new hire RSU award may be awarded at the time of hire, and additional RSU refresh grants may be awarded annually.
We pay for performance, and top performers in eligible roles may receive above-market equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.