Senior People Communications Manager
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced and driven person to join the Internal Communications team. You’ll be a strategic comms partner to our People team to support their communications, building on the foundation that exists today. This role will have an important role to play in shaping the culture and employee experience at Samsara.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Define and execute a strategic internal communications strategy to communicate our People strategy, programs, and processes to help us develop and retain great talent across the company.
- Build robust communication plans for various programs, developing messaging and materials, and exploring creative new ways of communicating. Support on a wide range of internal communications, including emails, FAQs, leader/manager guides, and videos to drive understanding of people programs, processes and initiatives across the company. You should be as comfortable working on an internal comms plan as you are rolling up your sleeves and producing a newsletter or video.
- Define and execute our manager communications strategy, driving regular updates to our people manager community via Slack and our monthly manager newsletter, leading the Flock.
- Build relationships with executives and stakeholder partners and act as a strategic thought partner on their communications to their teams, and to the rest of the company.
- Drive thoughtful and impactful communications that support the evolving needs of a high growth organization (including change management and culture initiatives).
- Understand our various employee audiences, keep a pulse on the organization, and run feedback loops as you go.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s values (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
This role is open to candidates residing in the US except the San Francisco Bay Area (125 mi. radius from 1 De Haro St, San Francisco) and NYC Metro Area (50 mi. radius from 131 W 55th St, New York).
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8-10 years of Internal Communications experience, including building and executing strategic internal communications programs, including HR Comms experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of People programs.
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills (written, verbal, and visual) with the ability to translate complex topics into clear, concise, and compelling messages.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment with continuous change. Multi-tasker with strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects end-to-end.
- Bias for action and focused on results.
- Ability to quickly solve problems, run customer feedback loops, and meet tight deadlines.
- A trustworthy and dependable team player, partnering with other Comms team members.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Tech and SaaS company experience (strongly preferred).
Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver Total Direct Compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is at or above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock unit awards (RSUs) for eligible roles. For eligible roles, a new hire RSU award may be awarded at the time of hire, and additional RSU refresh grants may be awarded annually.
We pay for performance, and top performers in eligible roles may receive above-market equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.